Building a Crafting Game: GameMaker Studio 2
- 5.5 hours on-demand video
- 5 articles
- 1 downloadable resource
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Create your own 2D games
- Learn how to code
- Add juicy animations to your game
- Use data structures for your inventory systems
- Build a Crafting system with GML
- Make user interfaces with object hierarchies
- A Windows or Mac computer
- Free trial or paid version of GameMaker Studio 2 installed
This course is all about developing a crafting game, in GameMaker Studio 2. We'll learn to code with GameMaker Language and develop our game from the ground up!
About the Instructor
Hi, I'm Gurpreet S. Matharoo! I've been teaching game development for years, and making games for longer. I've taught over 5 courses on Udemy, published numerous tutorial posts on my blog, and regularly create free tutorials on my YouTube channel, GameMakerStation. I've also been featured on the official YoYo Games blog as a guest writer.
About the Course
Whether you're a beginner with no coding background, or a game developer looking to gain more experience; this course will help you get where you need to be. We're gonna go through many practical lessons, learning something new at each step!
Here are some things we'll be learning in this course:
GameMaker Language basics
Player movement with pickaxe
Breaking objects with pickaxe
Setting up data with arrays and enums
Stacking inventory using data structures
I'm always active in the Q&A forum, so if you ever need to ask any questions or clear any doubts, I'll be there to answer them!
You'll also be given a download to the finished project, along with all the resource files used. You can simply use the given images to build the game, so that you don't have to create your own sprites.
I'm looking forward to you joining the course. Let's start our journey!
- Anyone looking to get into game development for the first time
- Beginners in game development or GameMaker Studio 2
- Developers somewhat experienced in GMS2 but looking for more learning opportunities