Where Is God in this Pandemic? | Coronavirus | Bible Study
- This course is open to all students. There are no course requirements or prerequisites. It is meant to be shared freely.
Pandemics and natural disasters raise questions about the nature of our security, about our fear of the uncontrollable, about the character of God.
What do natural disasters tell us about God?
Is Satan to blame for the coronavirus?
Can anything good come out of this?
Could disasters prove the existence of God?
If God is good, why do bad things happen?
Has God lost control of nature?
What should be our response to natural disasters?
Welcome to Southern California Seminary's free online courses: Seminary for Everyone
Where Is God in This Pandemic? | COVID-19 | How to Refocus on God in times of uncertainty and crisis | Life of Job
Pandemics and natural disasters remind us that God doesn’t intend for this fallen earth with its death, disaster, and corruption to be our permanent home. Dr. David Jeremiah reminds us that we can face these trials if the God of heaven and earth is the Lord of our crisis. God is our best hope in this time of grief and pain.
Section 1 – Natural Disasters and the Reality of God
A. God Cannot Be Divorced from Disasters
1. God Employs the Elements of Nature in the Operation of the World
2. God Employs the Elements of Nature in His Opposition to Evil
B. God Cannot Be Discredited by Disasters
C. God Cannot Be Defined by Disasters
D. God Cannot Be Defeated by Disasters
Section 2 – Natural Disasters and the Responsibilities of Man
A. Disasters Teach Us to Repent of Our Sin
B. Disasters Teach Us to Reflect on God’s Goodness
C. Disasters Teach Us to Respond to the Hurting
D. Disasters Teach Us to Remember God’s Promise
E. Disasters Teach Us to Rely on God’s Presence and His Power
F. Conclusion – Psalm 46:1-3
Dr. David Jeremiah, Chancellor of Southern California Seminary, is one of America’s most trusted Bible teachers. For more than 37 years he has helped millions deepen their understanding of the Bible through 4,552 daily Turning Point Radio releases and a daily Turning Point Television program that reaches millions of people globally. Dr. Jeremiah has authored more than 50 books, including God Loves You--He Always Has, He Always Will, The God You May Not Know, Revealing the Mysteries of Heaven, Escape the Coming Night, and The Book of Signs.
Who this course is for:
- This course is designed for those who are interested in what Christians believe and what the Bible teaches about God, Jesus, the Holy Spirit, faith, hope, salvation, suffering, uncertainty, and the Christian life that pursues love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control (Galatians 5:22-23). We were designed for so much more! The next step is yours.
- This course is designed for personal or group study.
- 05:13I. Natural Disasters and the Reality of God
- 01:36A. God Cannot Be Divorced from Disasters
- 01:051. God Employs the Elements of Nature in the Operation of the World
- 01:362. God Employs the Elements of Nature in His Opposition to Evil
- 02:54B. God Cannot Be Discredited by Disasters
- 01:37C. God Cannot Be Defined by Disasters
- 04:15D. God Cannot Be Defeated by Disasters
Dr. David Jeremiah serves as chancellor of Southern California Seminary and as senior pastor of Shadow Mountain Community Church in El Cajon, California. He is the founder and host of the global radio and television ministry, Turning Point, a broadcast program dedicated to sharing the unchanging Word of God with an ever-changing world. The combined weekly audience of Turning Point exceeds 10 million people worldwide. Dr. Jeremiah is also the author of more than 40 books, including the bestsellers Captured by Grace, What in the World Is Going On?, and the most recent New York Times, USA Today, and Wall Street Journal bestseller, God loves You: He Always Has, He Always Will.
Dr. Jeremiah is committed to teaching the complete Word of God. His passion for encouraging believers in their faith is demonstrated through his faith communication of biblical truths.
The professors of Southern California Seminary serve as the facilitators for this course. The course designer, Dr. Gary Woods, has taught in classrooms and online for Southern California Seminary, San Diego Christian College, Luther Rice Seminary, and Liberty University since 1996. He has a Master of Divinity from Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary and a Doctor of Education in Technology from Alliant International University. He serves on the pastoral staff of Shadow Mountain Community Church.