Build a Course & Event Bookings Website with WordPress
What you'll learn
- Build a fully functional events website using WordPress.
- Choose the right combination of events plugins to meet your needs.
- Set up The Events Calendar, Event Tickets, WooCommerce & Event Tickets Plus WordPress plugins.
- Promote upcoming events in a list or calendar.
- Take bookings for free or paid events.
- Increase revenue by selling events alongside other types of product.
- Test, troubleshoot & launch your finished events website.
- You should be familiar with the basics of WordPress. By this, I mean that you should be able to install WordPress on your web host, install a theme and perform basic tasks to set up the non-events parts of your website which aren’t covered in this course (e.g. creating your standard pages and posts).
- Most of the plugins recommended in this course are free. If you wish to take paid bookings for events via your website then you'll need to purchase the paid Event Tickets Plus add-on.
Learn how to build a fully functional WordPress events website, powered by the world leading WooCommerce and Events Calendar plugins. This course will give you the skills to sell your courses or events online without writing a single line of code.
Create your own course or event booking website with this tried & tested formula from a top UK WordPress agency
Discover the different types of events website
Explore The Events Calendar WordPress events plugins and WooCommerce for your event bookings
Choose the right combination of plugins to meet your needs
Build a fully functional events website without writing any code
Promote free events or take bookings & payment online
Increase revenue by selling events alongside other types of product
Learn how to test, troubleshoot & launch your finished events website
Do you want to build a website to sell your courses or events, without having to pay a web developer?
Learning how to build your own WordPress events website can save you thousands of dollars. In this online course from top UK WordPress agency Barn2 Media, I’m going to share the secrets of the events sites we design for our clients so that you can do it too.
You can sell many types of events from a WordPress website - training courses, information sessions, conferences, workshops… Whatever type of event you want to promote, this course will teach you how to do it.
With step-by-step tutorials and expert business advice on how to maximise revenue from your events, you’ll watch me create a complete events site from start to finish. You’ll put your learning into practice and build your own site through a series of easy-to-follow practical activities.
Content & overview
Suitable for WordPress users of all levels, this course will teach you how to design a complete events website by combining the The Events Calendar plugin and some of its add-ons. Through a series of lectures and screencasts with handouts and extra resources, I’ll take you on the journey from start to finish as we set up an events site together.
We’ll start by looking at the different types of events website and thinking about which combination of plugins will best meet your own needs. We’ll then get into the practical part of the course as you watch me create an events site. Each section of the course ends with a practical exercise where you will follow my step-by-step instructions to create your own unique website.
At the end of this online course, you’ll receive a certificate of completion - and most importantly, you'll have gained the skills to save thousands of dollars by building your own events website.
Who this course is for:
- This course is for people who have basic experience with WordPress or higher and would like to learn how to use WordPress to create a fully functional events site.
- No coding or programming knowledge is needed - this course will teach you how to build an events site without writing any code. The course is probably not for you if you're looking for more technically advanced training.
- You should approach this course willing to learn and to put the instructions and practical activities into action to create your own events site.
Hi, I’m Katie and I’m Operations Director and Co-Founder at Barn2 Plugins. Founded in 2009, I worked with my husband Andy to grow Barn2 Media into one of the UK’s leading WordPress web agencies. We then switched to selling plugins in 2016.
I graduated from University back in 2002 and started my career as Technical Author, writing help pages and training documents for a software company. I have also worked as a Project and Marketing Manager for local government, which included designing and implementing training courses.
Andy and I started Barn2 to pursue our dream of working for ourselves and having a more flexible lifestyle. As the company grew, we have worked hard to achieve success without compromising our dream.
We have intentionally kept the company small and have built a team of freelance WordPress experts instead of going down the more traditional route of recruiting staff, hiring premises etc. I run the company from my garden office overlooking the beautiful Dartmoor National Park where I live. If we need to have a meeting then we do so while hiking on Dartmoor, which is far more inspirational than a boardroom!
We have developed websites to meet many different business needs. Over the years, we have built many events and course booking websites - either bespoke or by combining off-the-shelf WordPress plugins.
I trained many of our clients in how to use WordPress. I provide direct training to each client either by providing face-to-face, phone or Skype training, or by producing written handbooks or video tutorials.
I’m excited about sharing my skills with Udemy students to teach them how to get more out of WordPress, WooCommerce and their website.