Posing Couples for Beginner Wedding & Portrait Photographers
What you'll learn
- Create natural and varied couple's portraits
- Create a sense of calm during the couple's photo shoot
- Feel confident in directing and executing couple's portrait poses
- Have a collection of 'go-to' poses to be able to confidently execute their couple's shoot
- Make the most of an often limited amount of time for a couple's portrait session
- You should have a firm grasp of photography principles (this course does not teach ISO, Shutter Speed or Aperature)
- You should be proficient in the workings of your camera (this course does not teach camera settings etc)
- You should be comfortable with the concept of having "freedom within structure". These posing techniques are structured and formulaic, but they are intended as a starting point on which you will add your unique style and approach.
- You should have a willingness to practice what you learn. The best way to integrate a new skill is to put it into practice.
- You should have an interest in photographing people, specifically couples. Perhaps you are an aspiring wedding photographer?
This course is for NEW wedding & portrait photographers to help them pose couples with confidence. Includes downloadable posing guide.
If you’ve ever struggled to remember poses while photographing couples, then this is the course for you. If you’re a new wedding photographer, or a new portrait photographer, posing your clients is usually one of the most daunting aspects of mastering your new skill.
Being able to direct, instruct and pose your couple with confidence, will make all the difference in the quality of images you create for your clients, as well as how they experience the photoshoot session.
Learn the 6 Pose System so that you can direct your clients with confidence by teaching them the "choreography" that ensures you capture a varied and beautiful collection of couple's portraits.
This basic "choreography" is easy to remember and implement enabling you to focus on lighting, settings and keeping the clients at ease.
When you commit the 6 Pose System to memory, you'll never struggle to suggest another pose for your couple again.
You can leave your Pinterest inspiration board at home and leave your phone in your pocket while you remain present and connected to your couple and guide them with confidence.
Who this course is for:
- This course is ideal for newbie portrait photographers who want to photograph couples
- This course is ideal for newbie wedding photographers
- This course is helpful for intermediate level portrait & wedding photographers who have highlighted Posing their couples as one of their 'stress points'
- This course is also suitable for couples who have an upcoming portrait session or wedding and would like to learn the moves before they step out in front of the camera
Hi, I'm Abigail.
I'm a photographer, videographer and over 40 aspiring explorer.
I love creating meaningful content and helping other mid-life women do the same.
I consult on and create visual content and am co-founder of the CAF-Innate Academy, a learning hub for women entrepreneurs over 40 who love coffee and despise social media.
In my role as a Content Creator & Consultant, I’m a Catalyst to women who are on their own journey of transforming their personal brand confidence and at the beginning of their content creation adventure.
My love of photography, video and adventure was instilled in me by my parents who had piled my brother and I into the back of their beat-up Toyota Cressida and road-tripped around Southern Africa.
Since learning (the hard way) that entrepreneurship is as much about personal growth as it is about business growth, I now use my natural and ‘honed-over-time’ talents to continue to explore my inner & outer world (through the lens of my Explorer Archetype), expand my knowledge and technical capabilities, express my creativity and personal truths while assisting and inspiring other over-40 women to do the same.
Over the years my personal brand evolution has had many twists and turns – some good, some not so much. But like any epic adventure, the wrong turns and unplanned detours often turn into the most ‘story-worthy’ memories.
Every new experience is another tool I can use and share on this lesson-filled adventure and I’ve always got space for one more…
…hop in, let’s see where the road takes us.