Counselling Children & Adolescents - ACCREDITED CERTIFICATE
What you'll learn
- Learn how to work with children and adolescents in therapeutic settings
- Learn about developmental stages of growth in children
- Understand about the role of behavioural therapies & use of language when working with children
- Learn about child's psychological issues: grief, dysfunctional families, bullying
- Understand how therapy takes place: transformation, new skills, recovery
- Learn how to set up your own therapeutic practice & work as a counsellor
- Having an interest in working with children or adolescents in therapeutic settings
- Having an interesting in learning about counselling and child psychology
Welcome to 'Counselling Children & Adolescents' course!
This course is for those who want to become a professional counsellor specialising in working with children and/or adolescents.
Here is what you will learn here:
How to therapeutically work with children and teenagers
What is 'child bullying' and 'child abuse'
Grief and bereavement in children & teenagers
What language to use in counselling of children and teenagers
Conflict resolution and stress management in children and adolescents
How to open your own 'online' or 'offline' practice
And so much more!
P.S. This course is now fully accredited by the International Association of Therapists (IAOTH).
P.P.S. At the end of the course you will see the instructions on how to obtain your certificate of completion.
About the instructor: Elmira Strange, MPhil - is a Research Psychologist and online instructor with experience teaching for over 10 years. Elmira taught at University level (Wales, UK) and also online via international schools.
When Elmira was recovering from life-saving surgery, she also wrote a book on 'How to be happy' which is available online such as Amazon and Kindle. Elmira is planning to write her next book on self-development to underpin her teachings.
Currently, Elmira's passion is teaching on topics of Self-Development, Psychology, Mental Health, and Coaching. Her free videos are also available across social media such as YouTube.
Who this course is for:
- Student who want to work with children or adolescents
- Professionals learning about counselling skills & child psychology
- Anyone who wants to learn about psychology of adolescent behaviour
- Anyone who likes to expand their knowledge for personal use
My name is Elmira Strange, and I am Motivational Psychologist (MPhil) and Certified Life Coach (Dip). I am passionate about working with students who want to learn about Psychology, Psychotherapy, Counselling, and Coaching.
My previous work involved Research Psychology and Lecturing at University (UK) on the topics of Psychology & Counselling.
The unusual bit: I was born in Northern Kazakhstan (where it's freezing cold in winter -40C and really hot summers +40C), then moved to Moscow, Russia, and finally to London, UK (where I've been living ever since my teenage years).
The interesting bit: I had life-saving surgery and a near-death experience in 2012. The near-death experience made me realise that we are here to share our knowledge, help each other, and enjoy this life.
My interests: Psychology, Motivation, Self-Development, Therapy
My previous experience: Whilst I was working at University (Wales, UK) as a Senior Researcher and Psychology Lecturer (prior to Udemy), my focus was on 'Researching Stress in Families of Disabled Children' where I had to learn what makes people stressed and unhappy.
Since 2006 I am working as an 'online entrepreneur': writing blogs and books, creating YouTube videos, and teaching Psychology & Self-Development which has become my true passion. In my Udemy courses, I combine my extensive knowledge of 'online entrepreneurship' and my passion for Motivational Psychology, Coaching, and Psychotherapy.