Counseling Childhood Sexual Abuse
- Download the notes for every session
Counseling Childhood Sexual Abuse covers the impact childhood sexual abuse has on the victim and the biblical truths a counselor can use to help them both overcome the past and face the future. Each lecture has available downloadable notes for the student to follow along as they view the videos.
Who this course is for:
- Those seeking to help others through biblical counseling
Faith Baptist Church recognizes the need for the church to minister more effectively to hurting people in these last days, and therefore, has formed the Faith Counseling Institute to provide biblical discipleship training for Bible-believing churches.
To meet this need, Faith Counseling Institute hosts annual counselor training conferences onsite at Faith Baptist Church. The goal of the Institute is threefold:
1. To equip the members of Faith Baptist Church to disciple their own families and to serve as effective disciple-makers to those within their sphere of ministry in our own local assembly.
2. To equip the missionary family of Faith Baptist Church to effectively disciple those whom God has called them to serve around the world.
3. To equip other Bible-believing churches to more effectively disciple those in their congregation and those they reach in their community.
Faith Counseling Institute will offer one course each year as the program develops.
Jim has a BA degree in Bible and an MA degree in Theology from Bob Jones University and a Doctor of Ministry degree in Biblical Counseling from Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary. He is a professor of Biblical Counseling at BJU Seminary and serves as the director of Faith Counseling Institute and the director of Freedom That Lasts—both ministries of Faith Baptist Church in Taylors, SC. His wife, Pat, serves with him at both Bob Jones University and Faith Baptist Church. Jim and Pat have three married daughters and eleven grandchildren.