Cost of Quality Analysis and Reporting
What you'll learn
- The major quality cost "buckets": Preventive, Appraisal, Internal, and External
- How to collect and correctly analyze cost of quality data
- How to build a cost of quality report
- How to format a COQ report for maximum effectiveness
- How to use an Excel Pivot Table to summarize your internal Scrap data
- How to apply pareto analysis to your COQ report as a mean of kickstarting your continual improvement initiatives
- Where payroll, purchases, training costs, internal scrap, return product freight, an all other quality related costs fit into your analysis
- Key concepts of Quality Engineering and Quality Management
- Basic understanding of manufacturing practices
- Basic math and Excel skills
- Backround in process quality and problem solving
A complete plan of attack for molding your quality cost information into an informative report that will grab the attention of anyone who cares about the bottom line of your company. Learn the four standard cost of quality categories. Learn how to gather the essential building blocks of your report. Then learn to analyze and summarize this data to DRIVE IMPROVEMENT within your company.
In this course, you will learn:
What raw data to collect and how to collect it
The four cost buckets: Prevention, Appraisal, Internal and External
Sources of Quality Costs like payroll, scrap data, training data, customer complaints, returned product freight, etc.
How to use Excel formulas like VLOOKUP to speed up your data summary
Formatting and distributing your COQ report for maximum impact
How products are costed from raw material through finished goods
Trends and patterns in COQ data
Estimating defect costs in a process series
How to effectively use the provided Excel templates
And MUCH MORE!!
Cost of Quality is the business foundation for your quality engineering, management and continuous improvement initiatives. By learning the skills provided in this class, you will effectively connect your knowledge and activities as a quality professional to the larger objectives of your company. Sign up today to start learning this critical skill!!
Who this course is for:
- Manufacturing Managers
- Quality Managers
- Quality Engineers
- Industrial Engineers
- Supply Chain Professionals
- Quality Technicians and Analysts
Ray Harkins is a senior manufacturing professional with 30 years experience in manufacturing engineering, quality management, and business analysis. During his career, he has toured hundreds of manufacturing facilities and worked with leading industry professionals throughout North America and Japan.
He earned his Bachelor of Science from the University of Akron where he majored in Engineering Technology, his Master of Science from Rochester Institute of Technology where he majored in Manufacturing Leadership and Project Management, and is about to complete his Master of Business Administration from Youngstown State University.
He is a senior member of the American Society of Quality, and holds their Quality Engineering (CQE), Quality Technician (CQT), Quality Auditing (CQA) and Calibration Technician (CCT) certifications.
Ray has written extensively for national trade publications on the topics of quality engineering and career management, and has taught nearly 30,000 students through the Udemy platform on a range of manufacturing-related topics.