Cost Management in Azure
What you'll learn
- How to save and manage costs in Azure
- View and categorize spending by resource type, location, resource group and tags
- Set a budget and budgets alerts on a subscription
- Manage Azure Cost access with Role Based Access Control
- Use Azure Migrate to predict costs associated with moving servers to Azure
- Reduce Azure costs by implementing Azure Advisor recommendations
- You’ll need to spin up a free Azure account for a more hands-on experience
- An understanding of how to navigate the Azure portal, how Azure resources are organized, and an understanding of commonly used Azure resources
- Knowledge of PowerShell is helpful but not required
- Drive to learn about Cost Management in Azure!
Welcome to the Skylines Academy Cost Management in Azure course by Travis Roberts!
This course is for anyone getting started with Azure Cost Management. The audience includes Azure Administrators, IT and cloud management, or any group that needs to monitor and analyze Azure spending.
Moving to Azure? Concerned about keeping track of costs? Moving to the cloud is filled with stories of cost overages and surprise bills. In this course, we use native Azure tools to keep track of an organization’s Azure spend. We view real time and historical cost data, review cost forecasting, and set alerts on monthly charges to prevent unexpected overages.
This course will use a lab tenant for the examples in the demonstrations. The audience will be able to:
View and categorize spending by resource type, location, resource group and tags.
Set a budget and budgets alerts on a subscription.
Manage Azure Cost access with Role Based Access Control.
Use Azure Migrate to predict costs associated with moving servers to Azure.
Reduce Azure costs by implementing Azure Advisor recommendations.
Using the Skylines Academy approach, lectures will educate you on the fundamental terms and principles of saving costs in Azure, and demos will enable you with a hands-on experience using scenarios to empower you in the real world.
Who this course is for:
- This course is for anyone getting started with Azure Cost Management
- The audience includes Azure Administrators, IT and cloud management, or any group that needs to monitor and analyze Azure spending
Travis Roberts is a Cloud Infrastructure Architect based in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Travis has 20 years of IT experience in the legal, pharmaceutical, and marketing industries, and has worked with IT hardware manufacturers and managed service providers. Travis is a Microsoft Certified Trainer and has held numerous technical certifications throughout his career from Microsoft, VMware, Citrix, and Cisco.
Travis is active in the Minneapolis area Microsoft Azure community and online. Travis is a board member of the Minneapolis Azure User Group. He maintains a blog and YouTube channel on multiple Azure services.