Cost Management in Azure
What you'll learn
- How to save and manage costs in Azure
- View and categorize spending by resource type, location, resource group and tags
- Set a budget and budgets alerts on a subscription
- Manage Azure Cost access with Role Based Access Control
- Use Azure Migrate to predict costs associated with moving servers to Azure
- Reduce Azure costs by implementing Azure Advisor recommendations
- You’ll need to spin up a free Azure account for a more hands-on experience
- An understanding of how to navigate the Azure portal, how Azure resources are organized, and an understanding of commonly used Azure resources
- Knowledge of PowerShell is helpful but not required
- Drive to learn about Cost Management in Azure!
Welcome to the Skylines Academy Cost Management in Azure course by Travis Roberts!
This course is for anyone getting started with Azure Cost Management. The audience includes Azure Administrators, IT and cloud management, or any group that needs to monitor and analyze Azure spending.
Moving to Azure? Concerned about keeping track of costs? Moving to the cloud is filled with stories of cost overages and surprise bills. In this course, we use native Azure tools to keep track of an organization’s Azure spend. We view real time and historical cost data, review cost forecasting, and set alerts on monthly charges to prevent unexpected overages.
This course will use a lab tenant for the examples in the demonstrations. The audience will be able to:
View and categorize spending by resource type, location, resource group and tags.
Set a budget and budgets alerts on a subscription.
Manage Azure Cost access with Role Based Access Control.
Use Azure Migrate to predict costs associated with moving servers to Azure.
Reduce Azure costs by implementing Azure Advisor recommendations.
Using the Skylines Academy approach, lectures will educate you on the fundamental terms and principles of saving costs in Azure, and demos will enable you with a hands-on experience using scenarios to empower you in the real world.
Who this course is for:
- This course is for anyone getting started with Azure Cost Management
- The audience includes Azure Administrators, IT and cloud management, or any group that needs to monitor and analyze Azure spending
Technology is increasingly becoming a way of life, a way of work, a way in which we move forward faster. With our combined experience in Azure, working with customers in IT on the day-to-day, enabling them to use the powerful platform to deliver services faster, we realized there's a gap: Education! Our courses were created on the basis that we could help people to become empowered by learning Azure themselves, rather than having someone else tell them what to do.
Skylines Academy gives people the depth of knowledge they need to get Microsoft Azure certifications which have a high-demand for professional careers in the job market. Our goal is to always bring you the most up to date material needed to not only pass the exam, but gain the real world experience necessary to excel in your IT career, putting you in the driver's seat.
Travis Roberts is a Cloud Infrastructure Architect at RBA, an award-winning national digital and technology consultancy based in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Travis has 20 years of IT experience in the legal, pharmaceutical, and marketing industries, and has worked with IT hardware manufacturers and managed service providers. Travis is a Microsoft Certified Trainer and has held numerous technical certifications throughout his career from Microsoft, VMware, Citrix, and Cisco.
Travis is active in the Minneapolis area Microsoft Azure community and online. Travis is a board member of the Minneapolis Azure User Group. He maintains a blog and YouTube channel on multiple Azure services.