Corrosion in Petroleum Refineries
What you'll learn
- Corrosion Control, Petroleum Refineries
- Module 1 and Module 2
The course broadly covers the following topics:
What is required for corrosion control & Its Management
How to control corrosion & manage the integrity of equipment for smooth operation avoiding catastrophes/failures
What's the difference in Corrosion Prevention & Corrosion Control?
Why shut-down & turn around are mandatory for enhancing the life & integrity of equipment?
Practical Fundamentals of Corrosion & Material Science
Feed / Design & Construction stage RBI
Factors Affecting Corrosion & Metallurgical Degradation
Periodic table in understanding the corrosion from the root of its origin.
Role of oxygen & chloride in corrosion control.
Who this course is for:
- Oil and Gas industry professionals
Mahendra is a Hall of Fame inspiring speaker and committed to Professional Integrity & Ethical Technology for human welfare- Assets integrity management - the pathway to Reliability and brought his innovation to several Fortune 500 companies world over.
• Professional in Materials selection, Welding, Corrosion, NDT Technologies, Failure Investigation, RLA, RBI, Inspection Management in megaproject, turn around, Project management & teething problem of static equipment during commissioning for sustaining the operation.
• Directing, leading and motivating Inspection Engineers and imparting on the job training for greater operational efficiency.
• Ensuring engineering integrity by excelling in the maintenance of good working order of all such plant equipment and by conducting on-stream inspection and testing of operating parameters.
• Planning Inspection job list for turn around & Ensuring the integrity with the responsibility that all inspections are carried out during the major turn around provide the reliability of the operating plant till the next expected run length of the plant without any catastrophe.
• Maintaining adequate records on the condition of plant and equipment for comparison purposes over extended periods, to provide a reliable basis for a prediction of safe working life, and advises equipment usage for specific periods.
• Recommending required repairs or replacements of defective equipment and carried out further inspections after repair work to ensure conformity to approved standards/ codes and various statutory agencies.
• Supervising on-stream and shutdown inspection activities for stationary equipment, corrosion monitoring & investigation of failures.
• Deploying various methodologies to analyze processes, recommending modifications to minimize escalations, reduce rejection, realize operational deficiencies, control variability, costs and reduce cycle-time.
• Monitoring and executing projects with respect to budgeted cost, demand forecasts & time