Social Responsibility and Ethics
- Your Desire to Learn about Business and Societal Expectations of same
Introduces the concept of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) as it relates to customers, employees, the environment and society at large. It also explains the sometimes complex relationship between business and society by focusing on assurance of CSR disclosures, ethics, conflict of interest in organisations, what it takes to establish a company's corporate ethical culture, and suggests ways managers can keep their companies ethical.
Who this course is for:
- Advanced Level Undergraduate and Post-Graduate Students of Ethics; as well as any business practitioner
- 16:42Assurance of Corporate Social Responsibility Disclosures
- 16:06Conflict of Interest in Organisations
- 17:29Establishing a Company's Ethical Culture I
- 28:29Establishing a Company's Ethical Culture II
- 16:21Ten Ethical Issues That Most Businesses Face
- 18:21Ten Common Obstacles to Ethical Business
- 17:34Ten Ways Managers Can Keep Their Companies Ethical
Professor Robert E. Hinson is a leading voice in marketing on the continent of Africa. With over seventy journal and hundreds of miscellaneous publications to his credit. Robert possesses a doctorate in marketing from the University of Ghana and a second in International Business from the Aalborg University in Denmark.
Robert holds Bachelors and MBA Degrees in Marketing from the University of Ghana as well as Post-Graduate Diploma in Marketing from the Chartered Institute of Marketing, UK. With a professional training career that began in 1998 at the Ghana Commercial Bank Training School, Robert worked as an Advertising Agency Executive from 1998 - 2003 and in that time worked on brands such as APC, Acer, Societe Generale, Canon, Daewoo, Dark and Lovely, Golden Tulip, LG, Lone Star Airways (Liberia), Lufthansa, Microsoft, Mercedes Benz, Peugeot and Symantec.
Reobert joined the University of Ghana Business School in February 2003 as a lecturer.