Corporate Finance #5 Financing Decisions
What you'll learn
- Define company financing decisions and their significance in corporate finance.
- Analyze different financing patterns and strategies used by corporations to optimize growth and manage risk.
- Evaluate short-term and long-term financing options based on company's future sales and production projections.
- Assess the pros and cons of seasonal production versus level production in relation to financing needs.
- Examine equipment financing options and differentiate between short-term and long-term financing strategies.
- Analyze the financing considerations for permanent and temporary assets and develop appropriate financing strategies.
- Apply financial analysis techniques to estimate financing needs and determine optimal financing solutions.
- Utilize Excel worksheets to solve complex financing problems and create financial models for decision-making.
- Evaluate the impact of financing decisions on company growth and profitability.
- Synthesize key concepts and strategies to make informed company financing decisions aligned with strategic corporate finance goals.
- Basic understanding of corporate finance principles and concepts, including financial statements, financial analysis, and financial decision-making.
- Access to a computer or laptop with internet connectivity to access course materials, practice exercises, and Excel worksheets.
- Eagerness to learn and apply strategic corporate finance concepts to make informed company financing decisions.
- Openness to hands-on practice and willingness to work with Microsoft Excel or similar software to solve practice problems and create financial models.
In this comprehensive course, we will explore company financing decisions from a corporate finance perspective, equipping you with the knowledge and strategies to drive company growth while effectively managing risk.
Financing plays a vital role in the growth and success of companies. By understanding the optimal financing strategies, businesses can accelerate their growth trajectory while mitigating potential risks. Throughout the course, we will examine the general financing patterns of corporations, delve into short-term and long-term financing options, and discuss how companies estimate future sales and production levels to determine their financing needs.
We will explore different production approaches, including seasonal production and level production, and analyze their implications for financing requirements. Furthermore, we will delve into the financing considerations for equipment, both in terms of short-term and long-term financing, and explore financing strategies for permanent and temporary assets.
To enhance your learning experience, the course offers numerous example problems, presented in both a presentation format and through Excel worksheets. Each Excel worksheet problem is accompanied by a downloadable Excel worksheet, featuring at least two tabs—one with the answer key and another with a preformatted worksheet for you to complete step-by-step, along with instructional videos that guide you through the process.
Join us on this dynamic journey to master company financing decisions and unleash the potential for growth and profitability. Enroll today to gain the skills to optimize financing options, strategically manage company growth, and make informed financial decisions in a competitive business landscape. By the end of the course, you will have the tools and knowledge to drive company success through effective corporate finance strategies.
Who this course is for:
- Finance professionals, including financial analysts, managers, and executives, who want to enhance their expertise in company financing decisions and strategic corporate finance.
- Business owners and entrepreneurs seeking to optimize their company's growth potential through effective financing strategies and decision-making.
- Managers and decision-makers involved in financial management, budgeting, and strategic planning, looking to strengthen their understanding of company financing and its impact on business performance.
- Students pursuing degrees or certifications in finance, accounting, or related fields, who want to develop a strong foundation in company financing decisions and strategic corporate finance.
- Professionals involved in investment analysis, mergers and acquisitions, or financial consulting, who want to deepen their understanding of the financial aspects of company financing.
- Individuals interested in advancing their knowledge of corporate finance and financial decision-making in a business context.
- Anyone with a curiosity and enthusiasm for understanding the intricacies of company financing and its role in driving business growth and profitability.
Through working with students from many different schools, Mr. Steele has learned best practices for helping people understand accounting fast. Learning new skills and finding the best way to share knowledge with people who can benefit from it is a passion of his.
Mr. Steele has experience working as a practicing Certified Public Accountant (CPA), an accounting and business instructor, and curriculum developer. He has enjoyed putting together quality tools to improve learning and has been teaching, making instructional resources, and building curriculum since 2009. He has been a practicing CPA since 2005. Mr. Steele is a practicing CPA, has a Certified Post-Secondary Instructor (CPI) credential, a Master of Science in taxation from Golden Gate University, a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Economics with an emphasis in accounting from The University of California Santa Barbara, and a Global Management Accounting Designation (CGMA) from The American Institute of CPA (AICPA).
Mr. Steele has also authored five books that can be found on Amazon or in audiobook format on Audible. He has developed bestselling courses in accounting topics including financial accounting and QuickBooks accounting software.
In addition to working as an accountant, teaching, and developing courses Mr. Steele has helped create an accounting website at accountinginstruction, a YouTube channel called Accounting Instruction, Help, and How Too, and has developed supplemental resources including a Facebook Page, Twitter Page, and Podcasts that can be found on I-tunes, Stitcher, or Soundcloud. Mr. Steele's teaching philosophy is to make content applicable, understandable, and accessible.
Adult learners are looking for application when they learn new skills. In other words, learners want to be able to apply skills in the real world to help their lives. Mr. Steele’s formal accounting education, practical work experience, and substantial teaching experience allow him to create a curriculum that combines traditional accounting education with practical knowledge and application. He accomplishes the goals of making accounting useful and applicable by combining theory with real-world software like Excel and QuickBooks.
Many courses teach QuickBooks data entry or Excel functions but are not providing the real value learners want. Real value is a result of learning technical skills like applications, in conjunction with specific goals, like accounting goals, including being able to interpret the performance of a business.
Mr. Steele makes knowledge understandable by breaking down complex concepts into smaller units with specific objectives and using step by step learning processes to understand each unit. Many accounting textbooks cram way too much information into a course, making it impossible to understand any unit fully. By breaking the content down into digestible chunks, we can move forward much faster.
Mr. Steele also makes use of color association in both presentations and Excel worksheets, a learning tool often overlooked in the accounting field, but one that can vastly improve the speed and comprehension of learning accounting concepts.
The material is also made understandable through the application of concepts learned. Courses will typically demonstrate the accounting concepts and then provide an Excel worksheet or practice problems to work through the concepts covered. The practice problems will be accompanied by an instructional video to work through the problem in step by step format. Excel worksheets will be preformatted, usually including an answer tab that shows the completed problem, and a practice tab where learners can complete the problem along with a step by step presentation video.
Mr. Steele makes learning accounting accessible by making use of technology and partnering with teaching platforms that have a vision of spreading knowledge like Udemy.