Coronavirus Diet: Carbs, Fats, & Proteins
- Strong desire to protect the health of your family and yourself.
- Need for a concise straight-to-the-point delivery of nutrition information to maximize the health of the immune system.
- Be able to read and understand English.
Are you worried about exposure to the new coronavirus, SARS-CoV-2, and the disease it causes, COVID-19?
Maybe you are in good health, but you are worried about your parents or grandparents contracting the disease. Or you are probably worried about your significant other who has one of the risk factors for worse COVID-19 outcomes: overweight/obese, heart disease, diabetes, hypertension, asthma, lung disease, kidney disease, etc...
That's understandable and that is why I have created this course. In this course, I put together my decades of teaching and working in the health and nutrition field to present you with the knowledge that is so urgent to have during these uncertain times.
In this course, you will learn what really strengthens your immune system, and no it's not kale! A lot of "common knowledge" about what is healthy for us does not hold up under scrutiny.
There is so much misinformation about what a healthy diet constitutes that it can be very frustrating for the average person who just wants to improve their health without getting a Ph.D. in the process.
For that reason, I simplify what foods are essential for improving our immune system function and which foods can wreak havoc on our physical health.
I also provide you with concise straight-to-the-point explanations for my recommendations.
If you are ready to take back control of your and your loved ones' health, then I will see you on the inside!
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wants to take action and fight back against this pandemic.
- People with diabetes.
- People with hypertension.
- People with cardiovascular disease.
- People who are overweight or obese.
- People on immunosuppressant drugs.
- People with autoimmune conditions.
- People who have HIV/AIDS.
- People who have cancer.
- People who are above age 50 years old.
- People who have a weak immune system.
- People who have chronic kidney disease.
- People who have lung disease.
- Health care professionals.
- People who are at risk of contracting coronavirus.
- People who have COVID-19.
- 00:28Who Is At Higher Risk for Worse Outcomes If They Get Coronavirus?
- 01:56How to Know if You Are at Risk By Using the BMI Equation?
- 00:50Additional Risk Factors for Worse Outcomes If You Get Coronavirus
Hey there! I'm Dr. Sarah Zaldivar. I hold a Ph.D. in Exercise Physiology from the University of Miami in addition to both a Master's and a Bachelor's degree in Nutrition and Dietetics. I am a Licensed Dietitian in addition to being a certified Exercise Physiologist with the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM). I am currently a creator on multiple platforms (YouTube/Facebook/Twitter/Instagram) and an adjunct faculty in nutrition and exercise physiology at Miami Dade College, DeVry University and ACSM. Previously, I taught nutrition and exercise physiology for 5 years at the University of Miami.