Easy Piano Basics for Beginners
What you'll learn
- Identify the notes of the piano.
- Recognize and play low and high notes.
- Comprehend the musical alphabet.
- Properly sit at the piano.
- Utilize the grab technique.
- Play five finger scales.
- Understand the use of the pedals.
- Play with both hands together.
- Read notes in groups and intervals.
- Play chords.
- Recognize and play basic rhythms.
- Comprehend sharps and flats.
- A piano or keyboard.
- The desire to play piano.
- Most of all...have the patience and willingness to practice. It doesn't happen overnight!
Can I really learn the piano on my own?
Yes! If you have the right method, you can learn virtually anything on your own.
Hold on a second…we’re missing something aren’t we?
You know what it is too…desire.
Let’s face it, if you’re willing to put in at least a few minutes a day to practice the piano, you’ll make a lot of progress quickly.
However, if you think you can just get the course, do nothing with it, and it will magically teach you piano…you’re wrong.
That’s why I made Core Piano both easy and fun.
The entire program consists of 32 lectures for a total of over 3 hours of material. Each lesson helps you overcome typical challenges that new students face. My 30-Day Success Playbook is a set of lessons that are designed to quickly get you started playing fun stuff at the piano. If you are a beginner, you should start with Day 1. If you are an advanced player, try starting at Day 19. But, this is the cool part: since you can own the course for life, it becomes an encyclopedia for you to refer back to time and time again.
If you’ve wanted to learn the piano, or need to ‘dust off the piano bench’ this is the course for you. Easy-to-follow and fun!
I’ll see you on the inside!
Who this course is for:
- This course if for the beginner player and also for those students wishing to 'dust off the piano bench' and start learning again!
Willie has toured both the U.S. and Europe as clinician and performer. He is a graduate of the well renowned Berklee College of Music. He has studied in New York with Fred Hersch and in Boston with Ray Santisi. Willie has produced three recordings as bandleader and his music, has been featured radio stations nationwide and headlined at the famed SXSW music festival.
Willie is also the founder of Jazzedge Academy, an online teaching website that makes it easy to learn Jazz, Blues, Gospel, Rock, Pop and Funk styles of piano, keyboard and organ...online.
The Jazzedge method has taught students from all around the globe. By combining foundational and fun'dational elements, Willie's students are able to learn how to become a self-expressive pianist very quickly.
"I learned as a kid that the best part of learning the piano is playing the piano." says Willie. Using the Jazzedge method and Willie's step-by-step lessons, it is possible and easier than you think to become a pianist.