Core Subjects Test Review for Social Studies
What you'll learn
- You will learn the social studies content you need for the Core Subjects exam, organized into easy-to-follow sections: U.S. History, Texas History, and more.
- You will strengthen your test-taking knowledge and skills through section quizzes and full-length practice tests.
- You will study customized handouts for each content section that contain maps, graphs, and other easy to read organizational aids.
- You will learn test-taking tips from a social studies methods university professor.
- There are no prerequisites for this course.
This course is specifically designed to help people pass the social studies section of the Core Subjects exam. The course organizes the social studies TEKS for grades 1-5 into easy-to-follow sections. It presents each content section through video lectures, downloadable and printable handouts, and review quizzes. In the video lectures, Dr. Neumann explains the essential elements of each topic and adds context and connections among the sections to help students gain a fuller understanding of the material. At the end of course, students take two practice tests that will further prepare them for the Core Subjects exam.
Who this course is for:
- This course will help any individual studying for the Core Subjects exam, whether that person is a practicing teacher, a teacher education student, or anyone else studying for the social studies section of the Core Subjects exam.
Dr. Neumann has worked as a teacher since 1996. He has taught at all levels of schooling, and he currently teaches at the University of Texas Rio Grande Valley, where he works as a professor in teacher education. He has been teaching social studies methods and other teacher education courses there since 2009. He researches with social studies teachers in local schools and publishes his work in some of the top academic journals in his field.