Copywriting Fundamentals: With Practice Assignments
What you'll learn
- Through hands-on practice, know how to turn words into money
- Analyze any persuasion challenge so as to identify the factors that will move readers to action
- Include all the necessary elements in either the simplest, shortest marketing piece and more complicated ones
- Differentiate an offering from the competition
- Capture a reader’s attention, explain what’s on offer and clinch the deal
- Gain confidence from a start-to-finish overview of effective copywriting
- Suitable for absolute beginners
- Good review and practice for those with some experience
Get a jump start in marketing writing by mastering its fundamental concepts.
Copywriting is a distinct skill with time-tested principles that enable you to get decent results knowing just the basics.
Whether you enjoy working with words or see marketing as an unavoidable part of survival for your business or your job, the basic concepts of copywriting show how to get started writing an effective promotional piece and how to finish it with all the elements it needs.
Through this concise, practical course, you master copywriting’s fundamental principles, including features versus benefits, headlines and leads, dramatization of differences, credibility builders, social proof, offers and tone.
Unlike other online courses, this one gives you three real-life writing assignments and the opportunity to compare what you wrote with others’ efforts. Commentary afterwards points out the must-do’s on these assignments and many fine points to keep in mind. Seven other exercises and more than 80 visual and/or verbal examples keep the lessons lively and interactive.
Your instructor is veteran copywriter Marcia Yudkin, author of three books and four ebooks on copywriting. She has mentored dozens of aspiring freelancers and business owners in marketing writing.
No prior knowledge of copywriting is needed for the course. In just hours you’ll have a basic knowledge of the topic and valuable practice in applying its basic concepts.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone seeking a practical (and potentially lucrative) new writing skill
- Employees told to write a website, sales letter or ad who aren’t sure how
- Aspiring freelancers wanting a solid foundation for success
- Managers or business owners who need to know how to assess the work of copywriters they hire
Marketing coach Marcia Yudkin is the author of 17 traditionally published books, including 6 Steps to Free Publicity, now in its third edition, and dozens of ebooks and multimedia courses. She has delivered commentaries on National Public Radio and been featured in the Wall St. Journal, Entrepreneur and scores of newspapers all over the world. Her unconventional yet practical marketing advice suits introverts and rebels who hate the "musts" nearly everyone spouts. (For instance, she does not blog.) She runs her information empire part of the year from Maui and the rest of the year from the woods of Western Massachusetts.