Copyright Protection for Entrepreneurs (Protect Your Work)
What you'll learn
- Register a copyright for your web content, video, blog, book, song, painting, photograph, and any other creative work
- Understand what copyright is and its important benefits
- Learn the difference between Copyright vs. Trademark vs. Patent
- Discover how you can use copyright protection to your advantage
- Learn the 3 most important rules of copyright you need to know as a creative artist or entrepreneur
- Discover who owns your work if you’re an employee and you work for someone else — and how to get around this
- Prevent copyright infringement by understanding when copyright infringement occurs
- Fight against piracy of your web content, course, book, video, blog, and other online and offline content
- Understand what you need to do if you get caught for copyright infringement
- Defend against copyright infringement using the Fair Use Doctrine
- Discover how to use public domain as a free resource to your advantage
- Understand what international copyright is and how to protect your copyright around the world
- Understand the benefits that copyright law and intellectual property law offers you and your business
- Become a more knowledgeable and more well-equipped entrepreneur
- Save $500 dollars for hiring an intellectual property lawyer for information you can get here
- Save time and money by registering your copyright yourself
- Students don’t need anything — just an interest in learning how to protect your work
★ JOIN MORE THAN 20,000 STUDENTS WHO HAVE HAVE LEARNED HOW TO COPYRIGHT THEIR WORK ON THEIR OWN!
Whether you’re a blogger, artist, author, photographer, or anyone else who creates works of arts to support yourself, you will need to protect your creative work in the form of copyright protection.
Developing creative works represents an important investment of time, effort, and other valuable resources.
Taking steps to secure your work is an important aspect of protecting your investment.
By the end of this course, you’ll be well-equipped to use copyright protection for your benefit and to avoid serious legal issues with copyright infringement.
Everything you need to know about copyright is in this course so you don’t have to worry about missing anything.
WHAT IS COPYRIGHT?
Intellectual property rights are legally recognized exclusive rights to creations of the mind. The purpose of intellectual property rights is to promote the progress of artists by giving creators exclusive rights to their works.
As you can imagine, if you created something and everybody had the right to use it without paying you, not very many people would go through the trouble of creating anything!
Copyright is a law that gives you ownership over the things you create. Copyright also allows you to legally protect your creative work.
Copyright protects any kind of creative work, including photos, videos, blogs, books, articles, songs, plays, sculptures, sound recordings, and other creative works. When you create any of these, you own the copyright to it.
Copyright to these creative works are your rights and your rights alone. Unless you willingly give permission for anyone to do any of these, no one can violate them legally.
In general, it’s illegal for anyone use or copy your work without your permission, but there are some exceptions and limitation to Copyright — Fair Use and Public Domain — both which we will cover in detail in this course.
Typically, content creators, authors, artists, photographers, and other creative professionals need copyright protection for their work.
WHY DO I NEED TO TAKE THIS COURSE?
The Internet is fast becoming a sanctuary of copyright abuse.
The idea of freedom of information and the ease of posting, copying and distributing messages online has created a false impression that text and graphic posted online are except from copyright protection. However, this is not true.
Copyright law was established not to give the author the right to deny his or her work to other people, but instead to encourage its creation.
Copyright is a delicate balance between the rights of the creator and the public’s interest.
When it comes to photos, images, and content, when in doubt, assume it’s subject to copyright and don’t use it without the appropriate permission.
There are many free resources for images and videos, whether public domain, licensed creative commons or inexpensive stock images, that you can find as a resource in this course so you really shouldn’t need to use copyright-protected works for your blog, website, or video.
My goal in this course is to help you better understand how to use images, videos, text, and other content in a way that is both legal and respectful of the author’s ownership rights.
Fair Use may be an exception allowing you to use copyrighted content, but chances are you’ll find your content taken down by your host if the copyright holder disagrees.
★ BONUS CONTENT & TOOLS ★
How to Use Content That Isn't Yours - quick but comprehensive summary of what you should do if you want to use any image, video, or content that isn't yours. Don't use anyone else's content until you've reviewed this!
Resources of Images You Can Use Without Legal Trouble- it’s common practice to snag photos off Google Images, but just because everyone is doing it doesn’t make it right. In the course you will find a great source of websites you can use to find pictures without worrying about copyright infringement.
Resources of Videos You Can Use Without Legal Trouble - You are free to embed any video from YouTube and other video platform on your blog or website as long as it gives you the embed option. That being said, you can’t necessarily use parts from videos on YouTube to make mashups or as part of another video. Be sure to have permission to use any video that you are cutting, making changes to, or adding to a project.
Thank you for making this the best selling Copyright course on Udemy! I show my gratitude by consistently making new lectures and answering your questions in the course discussion!
What are you waiting for?
★ Enroll right now!
Who this course is for:
- Creative artists
- Online business owners
- Small business owners
- Anyone with a website, blog, podcast, or online business
- Those who are looking to save time and money. Your time is valuable. That’s why I don’t fill up our course with useless jargon. You only get the necessary information you need to protect your work.
In 2013, I took the leap to start a virtual law firm so I could help entrepreneurs start their own online business and work online on my laptop from anywhere in the world (...best decision I've EVER made).
Since then, my team and I have assisted more than 6,200+ entrepreneurs start their business and our done-for-you service is backed by more than than 3,026+ 5.0 Star Google Reviews ????? from clients who love our QUICK and STREAMLINE ONLINE SERVICE.
Clients typically come to us when they're looking to start their business but don't know how to and don't want to deal with complicated legal forms.
Do any of these issues sound familiar to you?
Join over 6,200 entrepreneurs who have trusted our service to start their business.
Why do I teach? As a business owner, I have found the legal aspect of business to be COMPLICATED and CONFUSING.
After teaching business law for many years, I decided to combine my passion in video production and teaching to create online courses to make the legal aspects of business as easy and approachable as possible.
I have a strong passion in sharing my secrets and I hope to inspire you to succeed in your business!
I know your time is valuable so I don’t fill up my courses with useless jargon — you only get the necessary information you need to succeed.
Sign up and find out for yourself why so many people (more than 40,000 and counting) are taking and recommending my courses!