Copyright Myths – Public Domain, Fair Use, Creative Commons
What you'll learn
- Bust all scary and dangerous copyright myths
- Finally understand how copyright works on the Internet
- Choose properly licensed materials to use
- Make safe decisions when looking for materials to use
- Know where to go to find usable materials
- Intermediate level English
- An Internet connection :)
This course is about copyright and how it affects YOU if you use other people's work in your own videos, courses, creative work, etc. It explains different types of copyright licenses, which ones you can use, and how you can use them.
The course is made for all levels. It's essential for beginners and for intermediate users, but it's also useful for people who think they know everything there is to know. Unless you have really spent time educating yourself properly about copyright, chances are that you don't know many facts that I present in this course. I was inspired to create this course after hearing many scary copyright beliefs by Udemy instructors, including those who "took copyright courses in school". Wow! You can run into dangerous legal problems if you don't know what you're doing! The fact is that you simply don't know what you don't know.
- The first part of the course are 27 myths that many people believe are absolutely true. These beliefs are so firmly entrenched that I've even experienced very unfriendly replies in the forums where people were fighting me over copyright facts, not my opinions. Just knowing about these myths is worth the low price of admission to the course.
- In the second part I explain some of the main copyright licenses and related important issues about copyright. These are fair use, public domain, creative commons, releases, etc.
- The third section gives you selected links to more detailed information about copyright as well as different resources where you can find good materials that you can use.
Please watch the promo, the introductions, and all free previews to find out about the course. And don't forget to read the reviews. Remember, at Udemy you also have a 30-day money back guarantee. So, what are you still waiting for?
***** If you use anything not created by you, you need to learn what's in this course *****
Course updates: quiz, PDF resources, closed captions.
Who this course is for:
- If you are a complete newbie, this course can teach you everything you need to know.
- If you are an intermediate or even advanced user, you are likely to find lots of new info here.
- Even if you think you "know", there's a good chance that's a myth. There are lots of them floating around!
- This is a course for creative people, people who are looking to use other people's materials.
- This course does not specifically cover copyrighting your own work, but a lot of that knowledge will be implied through explaining other people's copyright.
I am a CELTA certified English instructor, professional sound designer, video editor and animator. I have been online since 1993, and I have many technical skills such as HTML, CSS, WordPress, Photoshop, etc. I am a New Yorker, and I've been living in Slovenia since 2011.
With over twenty years of experience in sound design, audio and video post-production, and in creating animations, I know how to make your learning experience more interesting. That means that you will not be watching a boring talking head or a narrated slide show. My teacher training also gives me the advantage of knowing how to present the material in a way that you will get the most out of it. My courses are not just long lectures that you will not be able to remember – they are more compact information that sticks to your brain on many different levels.
As you will see, my courses strive for quality, so they take much longer to produce than most courses. My goal is to help you learn and learn more, make more money, achieve your dreams, and live a happy life. That's my little contribution to making the world a better place.
Enjoy your lessons!