Copyright made easy
- The course is based on US Copyright law only
Taught by a licensed attorney, Copyright Made Easy is going to give you a comprehensive introduction to Copyright law and how you can use copyrights to protect your work.
Explained in a easy, highly practical manner, you will learn about the different forms of Intellectual property, the requirements to get a copyright, how you get a copyright and how you can further enhance your copyright for additional protection.
The course is conveniently structured in palatable video lectures where you will learn an important new concept in each video. Featuring over 2 hours of video instruction, you will be sure to walk away with a thorough understanding of copyright law. Although thorough, it is always practical and concise.
This course is important for anybody who "creates" work: Websites, articles, songs and more and is looking to protect their effort.
- This is a comprehensive introduction to copyright law in a practical manner that you can immediately apply to your business or creations. No prior experience with copyright is needed and the course will explain legal topics in clear, easy to understand language and offer highly practical tips.
- Welcome and Introduction04:29
- Copyrights, Patents and Trademarks17:07
- Copyrights are easier than Patents04:41
- Understanding Original Work of Authorship18:32
- Copyright benefits, Fair use and copyright length18:01
- Marks and Registration19:36
- Poor man's copyright05:45
- Copyright flowchart Summary and resources08:37
Chris is an experienced technology professional and licensed attorney. He has held executive roles in public companies, started his own companies and has extensive product management experience.
He likes to take complex concepts and break them down in a very easy to understand manner, and make sure that all the information is very practical and ready to use. Whether it's a legal concept or showing you how to develop software, you can sure the course will walk you step by step to what you need to know.