Connect Ideas Efficiently With "For, And, Nor, But, Or, So."
- 1.5 hours on-demand video
- 1 article
- 13 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Students will be able to identify single- and multiword coordinating conjunctions in English.
- Students will be able to practice connecting ideas using SINGLE-WORD coordinating conjunctions FOR, AND, NOR, BUT, OR, YET.
- Students will be able to practice connecting ideas using MULTI-WORD correlative conjunctions BOTH...AND, NEITHER...NOR, EITHER...OR, NOT ONLY...BUT ALSO.
- Students will be able to identify the correct meaning of single-word coordinators, such as ADDITION, CAUSE and EFFECT, CONDITION, TEMPORAL SUCCESSION, CONCESSION.
- Students will be able to identify the correct meaning of multi-word coordinators, such as ADDITION, ALTERNATIVES, CONTRAST, CONCESSION.
- Students will be able to perform reduction of sentence with coordination.
- Higher beginner and up.
- Desire to improve writing, grammar, and attention to details.
- Access to a printer to get the benefit of the downloadable PDF worksheets.
Hello! ** Hola! ** 你好! ** Здравствуйте! ** Merhaba! ** Ciao!
Coordination Of Ideas In English: The Ultimate Guide is an academic English course developed by me, Yanina. You will learn about:
1. Single-word conjunctions FOR, AND, NOR, BUT, OR, YET
2. Multi-word conjunctions BOTH...AND, NEITHER...NOR, EITHER...OR, NOT ONLY...BUT ALSO
3. Alternative ways to connect ideas by using AND...TOO, AND SO, AS WELL AS, JUST AS...SO, NOT...AND...EITHER
4. How conjunction express a variety of meanings, such as ADDITION, CAUSE AND EFFECT, CONDITION, TEMPORAL SUCCESSION, CONCESSION, ALTERNATIVES, CONTRAST
5. Ways to reduce a sentence with coordination to avoid repetition of ideas.
You will become confident identifying appropriate meaning that conjunctions express and make the right choices to complete the ideas.
If you want your writing to be a) more coherent, b) organized, c) readable and clear for your audience, this course is for you.
Don't be intimidated by writing in English! My step-by-step, easy to follow structure of lecturing will give confidence you need in academic writing.
This course includes:
lectures for important concepts
step-by-step guides for learning
clear explanation of coordinating conjunctions with examples
downloadable PDF practice worksheets
downloadable PDF lecture notes
professional guidance from me as a teacher and a learner of the English Language
future updates - this course will continue to grow and develop
All the valuable PDF materials are yours to keep!
If you want to write with more coherence, structure, and build your confidence in English academic writing, this course can help you achieve your goal of bringing your English to the next level.
This course is also perfect for anyone taking a college level writing course for English language learners.
- English Language learners with a high beginner level of English and up.
- Anyone who is learning English and wants to improve writing and grammar.
- Students who learn English at the college level and study for a test.
Students will learn about and practice using coordinating conjunction AND.