Cooperative Potty Training
What you'll learn
- Recognize the optimal time to start potty training your toddler.
- Demonstrate the most effective way to teach your child how to pee and poop in the potty.
- Identify the best tools to help your child be successful on the potty.
- Overcome potty refusal or discomfort.
- Learn how to work with your daycare for potty training success.
- Acquire tools to help your child stay dry during naps and nighttime too.
- Free yourself from diapers as you move towards potty independence.
- All you need is a child, a desire to get diapers out of your life, and a potty!
Learn how to help your child (18 months and up) achieve this major milestone gently and effectively when YOU are ready. From this class you will come away with tools, tips and techniques that will help you reach your potty-training goals with confidence and ease; no candy, stickers or bribes needed.
This course focuses on best practices for non-coercive daytime potty training as well as sections on naps and nighttime, working with your childcare provider, common potty-training problems, multiple children, and a section that specifically addresses poop troubles. Each section is presented in clear simple steps with downloadable resources to solidify your learning and help you on your way. As a special gift, I have also included a constipation-busting, toddler friendly recipe guide.
Don't be fooled by the unrealistic expectation that your child will be potty trained in a weekend. This course focuses on engaging with your child in order to teach them how to recognize their need to pee and poop and to put it in the potty. Your child will progress from diaper-dependent to diaper-free at their own pace, and then you will learn how to solidify their progress over the following weeks to achieve full potty independence!
Whether your child has interest in the potty, or run and hides at the sight of it, this course is for you!
Who this course is for:
- Parents who aren't sure where to start with potty training, or feel overwhelmed with the idea of teaching this skill to their little one.
- Busy parents who do not have a lot of time to dedicate to reading books and blogs on potty training.
- Moms and Dads who are looking for tried and true tips for getting it done right, the first time.
- Parents who have already dabbled in potty training unsuccessfully and are looking to change their approach so they can be successful the next time.
- Caregivers (grandparents, nannys, childcare staff etc...) who will be getting potty training started, or carrying it on in the early days and want to align with the parents' approach.
I am a mom and Certified Go Diaper Free Coach. I have been teaching, offering support, and coaching parents through potty training for over 5 years, as the owner of Wee Potty.
I have taught hundreds of parents how to potty train successfully, and have helped many parents through the rough patches as well.
I have experience and expertise in the areas of elimination communication, potty training and childhood constipation.