Learn Hands-on Electronics Step-By-Step: Level-1
What you'll learn
- Build a strong foundation in electrical & electronics
- Learn about various circuit elements, theory, laws that govern them and how they work in real life
- Learn how to read and make (prototype) circuits on breadboard
- Learn how to read and make (prototype) circuits on breadboard, working with real tools (including multimeter) and how to analyze circuits in terms of voltages and currents
- You do not need to know anything to start this course. We teach everything from scratch.
- We have included the shopping list in our first lecture. If you are a U.S citizen, you can easily procure the components from Sparkfun and Radioshack. We have given all the shopping links for your convenience.
The course is all about getting your hands dirty with real world electronic components, understand how each part works through cool experiments, plugging them together to glow LEDs, beep buzzers, control lights and various cool projects and having fun.
This course has been successfully tested on over 3000 Junior and Senior High School Kids as well as Science Educators in India.
At the end, you get into the details of each project- Whats and Whys and Analyse the circuits through Voltages, Currents, Laws that Govern Them and Draw Conclusions.
List of 20+ Experiments in the Course:
- Measuring battery voltage using a multimeter
- Measuring resistance using a multimeter
- Continuity test of an LED
- Glowing an LED
- Measuring current in a circuit using a multimeter and verifying Ohm’s Law
- Beeping a buzzer
- Glowing an LED using a potentiometer
- Varying intensity of light using a preset
- Alternate change in intensity of LEDs using a preset
- Glowing an LED using an LDR
- Sequential glowing of LEDs at different voltages
- Series combination of LEDs and verifying Kirchhoff’s Voltage Law
- Parallel combination of LEDs-1
- Parallel combination of LEDs-2 and verifying Kirchhoff’s Current Law
- Continuity test of a two-way switch and verify the concept of pole and throw
- Controlling an LED using an SPDT switch
- Alternate switching of LEDs using an SPDT switch
- Staircase lighting
- Charging and discharging a capacitor
- Charging the capacitor with a resistor and verification of time-constant
- Discharging the capacitor with a resistor and verification of time-constant
- You will master the fundamentals of 'how circuits work'
- You will be able to invent and create circuits
- You will be able to test the concepts of physics that you read in textbooks
- If you are a teacher, you can use the experiments in your classrooms to inspire your students and show the 'Live Physics'
- You will understand how the technology works
How to do the course:
- The complete course in hands-on, full of fun and DIY (do-it-yourself)
- You do not need to have any prior knowledge in electronics
- You would need to buy components/spares; we have included the shopping list
- You should use our high quality videos to learn theory and build circuits
- To get into more theory, you can download our beautifully designed Book-1 (Electronic series)
- If you have any problems, you can refer the step-by-step visual instructions (pdfs) to assemble the circuits
Who this course is for:
- This course is best suited for high school and senior high school students who want to experience and learn physics. The course will help you test concepts through practical implementation of circuits on a breadboard. If you are a physics educator, then the course will help you in enhancing your classroom experience as you can use the experiments for demonstration.
- Students who are interested to pursue careers in engineering would find the course very beneficial for their future. If you are an electronics enthusiast looking to solidify your basics, just go for it.
- This course is not for advanced learners of electronics. This is a foundation course.
CoolJunk is an Ed-tech company to help students learn and understand scientific concepts better through fun hands-on experiments and projects. After closely working with and teaching 15,000 students and 100s of physics educators in India, the company has developed comprehensive hands-on physics-based curricula on electrical & electronics.
CoolJunk brand is known for its quality, innovation and depth. CoolJunk learning kits has been adopted by 100s of high quality schools and thousands of students across 200+ Indian cities have used the kits to build academic projects, do self-experimentation and learn hands-on.