Cool Roof for green buildings
- 1.5 hours on-demand video
- 1 downloadable resource
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Identify what a cool roof is
- Understand how a cool roof works
- Describe the benefits of cool roofs
- Identify cool roofing materials and options
- Define key properties of cool roof
- Do green buildings interest you? Then this course will help you learn one of the key aspects of a green building.
- If you are an architect with keen interest in green building design, this course is just for you !
- You want to enhance your knowledge on green buildings, but will not be designing anything yourself, then this course will surely enhance your knowledge
- You own a house and are looking for ways to reduce cooling energy use, then this course will help clear how cool roof is the solution you are looking for
This course is approved for 1 GBCI CE hour.
Roof is exposed to intense solar radiation throughout the day which in-turn increases the cooling load of the building and consequently the energy consumption. A cool roof works on the principle of reflecting solar radiation, hence minimizing heat transfer to the interior of the building through the roof. This is a simple and effective strategy to reduce cooling energy consumption. Cool roofs are also known for their benefit towards mitigating urban heat island effect.
There are two parts to this course which is organized in two lectures. The first lecture covers the fundamental technical ground on how a cool roof works. Once you are clear on this, you can understand cool roof better. The second lecture explains how exactly a cool roof works and what are its benefits.
This course is designed in short modules. At the end of this course, you will be able to explain the working principle of a cool roof and its benefit to the building and surroundings.You will also be familiar with material options and installation method. Further, you will also understand other alternatives that can also reduce heat ingress thereby keeping the building interiors cool.
- Anyone who wants to learn about green buildings and sustainability
- You do not need to be a professional..this is a beginner course that is aimed at demystifying the topic
This course introduces you to how this section is structured so you know what to expect
This module gives a brief overview of what cool is. If you have already completed Section 1, you may skip this module. Alternately, you can use this to recap the concepts.