Cooking with Spices
- 1.5 hours on-demand video
- 13 articles
- 13 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Effectively use cooking techniques to create delicious meals using a variety of spices for future meal planning.
- Students will need to have basic cookware and have most ingredients on hand to execute the recipes.
Welcome to Cooking with Spices-Learn how to add Bold & Delicious Flavor to Dishes! In this course, you will learn a variety of cooking techniques, such as "sauteing" "toasting" and other helpful techniques used to create tasty dishes of various cuisines using spices. Before leaping into the course and so that you understand upcoming cooking lectures, there is helpful background information about spices and the foundation of how they are used in each cuisine which I call "flavorprints." After each lecture its encouraged to try something that is covered in that section. Some dishes to look forward to making are Arroz con Pollo (Spanish Chicken & Rice) Shrimp & Sausage Gumbo & Jamaican Style Peas & Rice.
- This course is for home cooks of all levels and who are looking for new ways of creating dishes with spices. This class is not for home cooks with no basic cooking skills.
Flavorprints are ingredients that are commonly used in a cuisine.
Quick video explaining what spices are and suggestions for using in a recipe.