Convert your WordPress Website into React Native Mobile App
What you'll learn
- Use React Native to create a mobile app
- Use Expo to build the app in order to be distributed to App Store and Play Store
- Use WordPress built-in REST API to fetch the data from the app
- Use React Navigation to create tabs, drawer menus and navigate between pages
- Use React hooks as useState and useContext
- A laptop and an internet connection
- For Windows or Linux users, an iPhone would be needed to test the app on IOS.
- If you want to build the app without the need to code, this course has a React Native template that can be used with a WordPress plugin to create the app without coding knowledge.
- React basics are recommended, however I'll try to explain React concepts needed in this course
- WordPress basics
In this course you will learn:
How to set up the Expo environment to test your app
How to use React Native to build the front-end of your app
React Native main components
Fetching the data from WordPress REST API to our app
React basics as functional components and passing props
React hooks as useState, useEffect, and useContext
How to add a React custom component
Use React Navigation package to adjust tabs or drawer menus or go from a screen to another
Enable or disable the dark mode based on user preference
Store app settings in the device and then get them using AsyncStorage
Styling the app and customizing the style based on the device dimensions or platform
Publishing the app to Expo and deploying it to the stores
Who this course is for:
- WordPress website owners who want to create a simple app for their website
- WordPress developers who want to add a simple app in the services or packages they provide to their clients
Boostrand Training is dedicated to introducing courses aiming to help chemical engineers start their career in Process Engineering.
With a chemical engineering background and more than 8 years of experience as a process engineer in oil and gas projects, including in Refining, Petrochemicals, Gas Processing, and Oil Facilities, Boostrand Training hopes it can help new graduates understand how these projects work and how units are designed throughout my courses.
Through coding knowledge, Boostrand Training also aims to introduce the concept of automation of tasks of a process engineer through tools that depend on programming.