Control the Project Schedule (PMI - PMP)
What you'll learn
- Identify inputs to the Control Schedule process
- Recognize tools and techniques used to control the schedule
- Perform earned value management calculations to assess a project's schedule performance
- Recognize examples of the outputs of the Control Schedule process
- Recognize if resource leveling is the ideal resource optimization technique, given a scenario
- Recognize if resource smoothing is the ideal resource optimization technique, given a scenario
- Recognize if crashing is the most appropriate schedule compression technique, given a scenario
- No special requirements or prerequisites are needed to take this course, but some extra reading about projects, project management, project life cycle, organizational project management, project scope, project schedule, project costs, project quality, project human resources and project communications will help.
- Part of the Project Management Professional Certification Course (PMI-PMP)
The Control the Project Schedule (PMI - PMP) is course 11 of 28 of the Project Management Professional Certification Program (PMI-PMP).
It's essential in successful project management to be able to monitor activities to discover and correct any schedule variances, evaluate the effective schedule changes on all project activities, and make adjustments as required to minimize risk on your project schedule.
In this course, you're going to learn how to apply useful techniques to control the project schedule to keep your project on track.
1. Inputs to Control Schedule
2. Tools and Techniques of Control Schedule
3. Monitoring Schedule Performance
4. Outputs of Control Schedule
5. Use Resource Leveling
6. Use Resource Smoothing
7. Crash the Schedule
8. Use Fast Tracking
9. Exercise: Controlling the Project Schedule
That’s it! Now go ahead and push that “Take this course” button, and see you on the inside!
Who this course is for:
- Leaders, managers, entrepreneurs, professionals and project workers with or without formal project management training will improve project management skills and knowledge and will be ready to stand for formal certification.
Sorin Dumitrascu here! I'm a certified trainer, project manager, and public manager with over 15 years of experience in managing, consulting and designing and delivering online training courses.
I have a Masters degree in International Relations and Policy Making, a Bachelor degree in Public Administration and a professional degree of Public Manager.
I'm specialised in business management, HR management, career development, project management, operations management and business analysis certification and career development courses.
I teach what I practice. I currently work, as a consultant and instructor, in various projects of United Nations, European Union, national and international NGOs and private companies - providing expertise in general management, industrial relations, prisons and corrections and adult education.
Whether you're looking to upskill or simply need guidance, I'm here to help you reach your goals!
#Training #Certified #PublicManager #BusinessManagement #HRManagement #ProjectManagement #OperationsManagement #BusinessAnalysis