Content-Based Language Teaching: From Theory to Practice
What you'll learn
- Teach Content-Based Language Classes: CBI, CLIL & EMI
- Learn the Theories Behind Content-Based Language Teaching
- Develop the Skills for Content-Based Language Teaching
- Create Effective and Engaging Content-Based Lesson Plans
- A passion for becoming a great content-based language teacher
Content-Based Language Teaching is growing in popularity all around the world. In the future, your school or university will ask you to teach language through content. They may refer to it as CBI, CLIL or EMI. In this course, you will learn everything you need to be an effective and engaging content-based language teacher:
· The three key terms simply explained: CBI, CLIL and EMI
· Approaches like Sheltered Instruction (SIOP) and Theme Based Instruction
· Practical skills such as writing content objectives and adapting texts
· Key theories from researchers like Stephen Krashen and Lev Vygotsky
· Resources and templates for teaching a variety of content-based lessons
· Personal feedback on your final assignment: a content-based lesson plan
This course is designed by a full-time teacher trainer who has taught content-based language classes for over 10 years. Just like in face-to-face teacher training, it is interactive every step of the way. You will complete a variety of practice activities to engage with the content and generate your own ideas.
There is no course like this anywhere else: it gives you the full Content-Based Language Teaching toolkit. All the theories, all the practice and all delivered with passion and enthusiasm from an experienced teacher trainer. It's time to teach language through content. Become a successful content-based language teacher today!
Who this course is for:
- English Language teachers who want to teach high-quality content-based language classes
Wayne Finley is an award-winning teacher, trainer and TEDx speaker. As an English teacher, he has received numerous accolades, including 'Distinguished Teacher of the Year' awards for his English classes in South Korea. Since 2010, Wayne has helped thousands of students master speaking English.
As a trainer, he has trained 100s of English teachers and delivered 25+ conference presentations to share his ideas, tips and experiences. In 2015, Wayne became an official Korea TESOL teacher trainer and is now the coordinator for teacher training. At the end of 2018, he delivered his first TEDx talk, which has been viewed by people all around the globe.
Outside of teaching and training, Wayne is a committed husband, devoted father and avid football supporter.