What you'll learn
- Recognize and work with the basic forms of photography (color, pattern, texture, light, space).
- Reawaken your creativity.
- See and photograph the world in new and fresh ways.
- Take beautiful photographs that capture your unique visual experiences of the world.
- Engage in a contemplative practice that allows you to slow down and bring mindfulness into your everyday life.
- Although this class will not focus on the technical aspects of photography, students should be comfortable using their cameras.
Contemplative Photography is a nourishing and enriching contemplative practice.
It breaks you out of the normal bubbles of how you live. It is your entryway into a deeper realization of yourself.
This Contemplative Photography Class offers a unique opportunity to experience a contemplative practice using cameras as a way to expand how you see and interact with the world.
In the class you will:
Learn and experience the basic forms: Color, Pattern & Texture, Light, and Positive & Negative Space
“Re-image” the way that you think, talk about, and practice photography
Tap into your creativity and inspiration
Expand your awareness and look at the world in a new way
Discover and explore the extraordinary in the ordinary
Make beautiful images.
Great for all levels of photographers, artists, artists at heart, or the curious wanting to explore the visual richness of their world.
No photography experience is necessary!
Just use whatever camera you have available, including your cell phone.
Handouts are available to download for the various sections.
Students can submit their images to a private Facebook site for feedback from the instructor.
“The Contemplative Photography Class by Denise forever changed my photography. The step-by-step process awakened a new perspective where my subject is well defined. If you have thought that you like taking photos of everything but are not sure what your photos convey, then the Contemplative Photography journey is for you.”
Who this course is for:
- Beginning photographers wanting to learn the basics of photography.
- Experienced photographers looking to refresh their eyes.
- Artists looking to discover fresh images for their work.
- Artists at heart wanting to spark and maintain their creativity.
- Anyone looking for a simple and inexpensive contemplative practice.
Denise Bossarte is an award-winning poet, writer, photographer, and artist.
Her photography and artwork have been showcased in solo and joint exhibits in galleries throughout the United States as well as in the ArtGalleries&ArtistsoftheSouth magazine.
She is a certified meditation facilitator and contemplative arts teacher.
Denise lives in Texas with her husband, Randy, and literary cat, Sapphira.