Containerization with Docker and Kubernetes in Azure
- 1 hour on-demand video
- 1 downloadable resource
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Plan, configure, and run your first containerized applications in production
- Build apps in containers using Docker and deploy them on Kubernetes
- Improve the configuration and deployment of applications on Azure Cloud.
- Create your Azure Container Registry to securely store your container images
- Manage Kubernetes application complexity with Helm.
- Deploy and add new applications to your Azure Container Service (AKS) using kubectl.
- Prior knowledge of azure cloud is beneficial.
From handling versioning efficiently, to enhancing security and portability, technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes have greatly benefitted application development and cloud deployments. Microsoft offers excellent containerization services with its Azure Container Services, and also supports both Docker and Kubernetes.
The course focuses on application containerization using a combination of the dynamic duo, Docker and Kubernetes. It will show you how to get hands-on and take advantage of these two tools, alongside Azure Container Services, and improve the configuration and deployment of your applications on Azure Cloud.
By the end of this course, you'll learn all about Docker and Kubernetes and will be able to configure, manage, and deploy applications on Azure Cloud.
About the Author
Karl Ots is a cloud and cybersecurity consultant, as well as an inventor, author, and international speaker, with a broad range of deep Azure expertise. He believes that cloud technologies are the key to successful digital transformation. He applies his passion and expertise to his work as a Managing Consultant at Zure. With professional experience in the technology field since 2007, Karl has been working with Microsoft Azure since 2011 in a variety of forums ranging from deep customer engagements to speaking at large conferences such as Microsoft Ignite. Karl is a Microsoft Most Valuable Professional (MVP) in Azure, a Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT) and holds the highest level MCSD and MCSE Azure certifications. Karl is a Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP).
- DevOps engineers, architects, and developers who are interested in learning all about Docker and Kubernetes, to practically configure, manage and deploy applications on Azure Cloud, will benefit from this course.
In this video, we’ll do a quick review of what containers are.
• Explore more about containers
• Learn the relationship between containers and virtual machines
• Know the containers’ relationship with Docker
Learn how to define an application using Visual Studio Code.
• Study the Kubernetes application lifecycle
• Learn the Kubernetes application manifests
• Demo application
In this video, you will learn how to automate your containerized application deployment with Azure DevOps!
• Learn about Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD)
• Explore Azure DevOps
• Learn the container release automation workflow