Consumer Lending Risk Management Fundamentals
What you'll learn
- Consumer lending products and ecosystem
- Risk management types and framework
- Risk management practices in consumer lending
- Risk management throughout credit life cycle
- No formal education in business is required.
- Be able to perform basic addition, subtraction, multiplication and division calculation.
- Anyone with an interest in the subject is welcomed.
Have you wondered what a consumer lending risk management professional does on a daily basis? Do you want to explore the world of consumer lending, which is closely tied with millions of people's lives?
This introductory course, Consumer Lending Risk Management Fundamentals - A Beginner's Guide, will walk you through:
Consumer lending products and ecosystem
Risk management types and framework
Risk management practices in consumer lending
Risk management throughout credit life cycle
This course is designed to help you establish an overview of the consumer lending industry and risk management fuction with 2 hours. It is suitable for the following audience:
Who just started the career in consumer lending, whether in risk management or other function such as business, marketing, customer service, collections, and underwriting.
Anyone with a curious mind about consumer lending risk management.
Who wants to quickly develop a bird-eye overview of the consumer lending industry.
Who is willing to work through the quiz questions and the case study.
Please note that this course is Not designed for people who are already experienced in consumer lending risk management.
The compact course covers important concepts through the following sections:
Risk Management in Banking
Risk Management in Practice
Credit Bureau and Credit Score
There are quiz questions at the end of each section to help you go over important concepts.
Last but not the least, there is a case study of a Fintech loan company. As the risk analyst working for the Fintech company, you will be asked to complete 3 tasks, which are designed to help you better understand the risk management framework and practices.
Who this course is for:
- Who just started the career in consumer lending, whether in risk management or other function.
- Anyone with curious mind about consumer lending risk management.
- Who wants to quickly develop a bird-eye overview of consumer lending industry.
Frank Tian is a seasoned risk management professional in the consumer lending industry. He is the author of the book, "Unsecured Lending Risk Management".
Frank's work over the past two decades has spanned the full spectrum of retail risk management, from credit strategy and risk modeling to credit systems and fraud management.
Frank has held various risk positions at multiple financial institutions in the US and Canada, including Wells Fargo, MUFG Union Bank, GE Money, BMO, and CIBC.
He holds a Master’s Degree in Economics and is a certified Financial Risk Manager (FRM).