Consulting Approach to Problem Solving
- 1.5 hours on-demand video
- 2 articles
- 8 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- You will understand and appreciate the problem solving technique used by the top consulting firms like McKinsey, BCG, Bain and Strategy&
- At the same time you will get acquainted with how business and consulting projects ought to be structured
- You will master the basic knowledge on hypothesis-based problem solving that will let you proceed to more advanced courses on solving business problems
- In effect, you will be able to impress either your boss or your interlocutors at business case interviews
- This course is designed to be an introduction to the topic and no prior knowledge nor experience is required. Nevertheless, an understanding of the basic principles that govern business organizations will let you grasp the concepts I present here quicker.
Do you feel that you already know all possible frameworks of business problem solving (Porter's five forces, the BCG-matrix etc.), yet you are still not confident in using them? Or maybe you already took a course on management consulting problem solving approach, but the jargon used didn't make much practical sense to you (The 80/20 rule, MECE etc.)? Whether you're a student studying for case interviews or a businessperson, what you might be lacking is a comprehensive aproach to problem solving that generates consistent results.
If so, this course is for you! I can guarantee you will not find another such comprehensive introductory course on hypothesis-based problem solving - the top consulting firms' technique of choice on all kinds of business consulting engagements.
With the content in this course I would like to introduce you to the topic of business problem solving. Provided you find this introduction helpful, I would be delighted to welcome you to my more advanced courses that I intend to publish soon. They will build on the knowledge from this course in order to develop further the topics covered here.
But for now let's jump into this course. Hit Enroll and let me show you a way to become a rising star of problem solving in business!
- Applicants to consulting firms studying for case interviews
- Junior analysts and consultants starting their consulting career
- Entrepreneurs starting their adventure with business
- Managers, project managers and project team members who solve business problems in their workplace
- Students (especially those attending business schools)
- Everyone interested in learning a problem solving technique used by the top consulting firms
Learn the SMART approach to formulation of ideas (here particularly problem statements) used extensively in the consulting business. SMART is and acronym that stands for: Specific, Measurable, Action-oriented, Relevant and Time-bound.
Learn a very useful method of exploring issues related to a given concept which you can use both alone and in the form of a group exercise.
Understand what many regard as the core of HBPS: issue trees (that provide a graphical representation of the whole HBPS process) and the MECE approach (being Mutually Exclusive and Cumulatively Exhaustive). See how hypotheses, the most probable solutions to problems, emerge from proper problem structuring.