Consonants for Advanced Chinese Learners of American English
- 4 hours on-demand video
- 46 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- How to pronounce American English consonants that usually trouble Chinese speakers
- no, but you should take vowels either before or after this course, in either order
Learn all the details about all the consonants, focusing on errors commonly made by Chinese learners of English, such as SH vs. S, N vs. L, and N vs. NG. Learn spelling rules too. The course uses advanced vocabulary from business and technical fields. After each lesson, practice developing your muscle memory by using the repetition audio exercises included. Repeaing each sentence after the teacher several times will help you focus on all the nuances of the sentence, including the target consonant sounds.
- advanced English learners with a Chinese background
Learn to distinguish between P and B in different parts of the word. Also learn when P and B are silent.
Learn about clear T, T clusters, held T and fast D. Learn when to use which.