What you'll learn
- Bring confidence and control to your communication
- Become present and aware in social situations
- Learn how your listening dictates your reality and how you can use listening to alter your experience of the world
- Create stronger connections with other people and to the world around you
- Improve your relationships
- Understand the impact of sound and listening on your health and wellbeing
- Master the three types of listening
- Improve your understanding and appreciation
- Learn how we are losing our listening, and how it can be restored
- Learn how to listen with compassion
- Intermediate English
Listening is a crucial part of our ability to communicate and succeed. It affects how well we sell and persuade, build and maintain relationships, teach and manage, and appreciate and understand. Our business and personal lives are often determined by it.
However, listening is not a natural skill and unfortunately it is one that we are in danger of losing. The result of this is a restricted ability to communicate and engage.
I live to listen. As an international speaker and founder of The Sound Agency, I understand the impact of listening on communication, success and wellbeing. My TED talk on conscious listening is in the rare group that have achieved over 2.5 million views on TED's website alone.
So join me as I help you become a master of Conscious Listening and bring confidence and control to your communication.
Who this course is for:
- Sales people
- Speakers and performers
- Business people
Julian Treasure is a sound and communication expert. His vision is for a world that listens consciously and speaks powerfully.
Julian is author of the books How to be Heard: Secrets for Powerful Speaking and Listening and Sound Business.
His five TED talks about sound and communication have been watched over 90 million times and his latest talk, How to speak so that people want to listen, is the sixth most watched TED talk of all time.
Julian is a media commentator on speaking and listening skills, and has been featured by the likes of TIME Magazine, The Economist, The BBC, and The Times.
Julian's company, The Sound Agency, works with major brands worldwide to improve the way they sound. Their pioneering methods have improved customer happiness, raised sales, and even lowered crime rates, and their work has made headlines internationally.