Conquering the Fear of Public Speaking
- A strong will to practice the techniques is all that you will need! If you are a speaker, I have no doubt that you already have that will!
This course is meant to teach one thing - and one thing alone. How to get over the fear of speaking in public! How to handle the anxiety that comes over when you approach the stage or stand in front of an audience. That's it.
This is a focused exposition on the various techniques one can adopt to deal with stage fear effectively. This course will not deal with, cover or elaborate on any other technique or aspect of public speaking.
The Fear of Public Speaking is real. Whether you are a beginner or an experienced speaker. Whether you have done it once or a hundred times. While the fear and anxiety never goes away, it is possible to manage the fear and reduce how long it impacts your speech.
The fear can manifest itself before getting onstage, while on stage and even during the speech. So what you need is a variety of different techniques to handle the fear at different points in the speaking experience. Techniques that will come in handy at the right times. Techniques that are simple and practical.
With conscious and constant practice, it is possible to overcome the fear of public speaking. It is possible to go from a mediocre speaker to an awesome speaker in a short amount of time. Like anything else, focused practice is at the heart of success.
I wish you good luck in your journey to become a great speaker!!!
All the very best!!!
- Aspiring as well as experienced speakers who continue to experience anxiety before or during their speaking experience!
- Introduction and Tips to Overcome the Fear of Public Speaking06:42
- Two Practical Techniques to Overcome the Fear of Public Speaking05:35
- Conversation as a Technique to Overcome the Fear of Public Speaking03:53
- Audience Approval as a Technique to Overcome the Fear of Public Speaking03:21
- Feedback to Manage the Fear of Public Speaking02:44
- The Silver Bullet!02:14
- Four Practical tips to avoid the jitter before and during public speaking05:10
Joseph Prabhakar is a keynote speaker, communication expert, personal branding consultant and a certified executive coach. As the CEO of Power Communication Corp. Joseph helps leaders communicate with purpose and intention to their teams, customers and stakeholders. Utilizing techniques and best practices from multiple disciplines, Joseph offers programs that are powerful, engaging, memorable and delivers immense value to his clients.
Prior to forming Power Communication Corp, Joseph was an accomplished corporate leader with over 20 years in a variety of progressive roles and leadership responsibilities across geographies. While not speaking or teaching, Joseph loves to spend time with his family, read and spend time tending to his plants.