Connect with Colour - Using Art as a Way of Knowing
- Basic art material such as drawing paper, writing paper, pens, coloured pens or oil pastels
- No previous art experience necessary, there is no right or wrong. Be open to try new things
This workshop puts the creative process at the centre of change and development. It allows us to co-create a space to create a greater connection with our inner knowing. It is a guided visualisation to meet the colour/s that speak to our inner knowing. We use art as a way of knowing and bring our visualisation into reality through art making. We then deepen the experience through journaling.
Who this course is for:
- Students who would like to make space to create a greater connection with self
- Students who would like to use the arts as a way of knowing
- Students who would like to access their inner knowing
- Students who would like to try something new
- 03:06Introduction Video, Goals and Agreements
I grew up in Cape Town, South Africa. Creativity has been a constant stream in my life ever since I can remember. I am an Expressive Arts Practitioner, a therapeutic art life coach, a creative facilitator and an E.X.I.T trained facilitator (Expressive Arts in Transition). I also have experience in other fields such as working as a private chef and sailing on the international circuit for many years. I have a Masters in Expressive Arts Therapy.
I believe creativity is like a muscle and the more we use it the stronger it will become. Why do we need creativity? It is our imagination and creative muscle that can help us imagine or find a way around what might be getting in our way. I believe in the power of art for change, process and development. Expressive arts gives us creative licence to access what we already know. We use art as a way of knowing: art making can be a process of inquiry leading to the emergence of knowledge - I call this "art of inner knowing" and may we all become artisans of our inner knowing.
I have settled in Geneva, Switzerland.