PDO & MySQL: Connect to MySQL DB using PDO & CRUD Operations
- 1. Basic knowledge in PHP , and MySQL (Basic Concept in PHP & MySQL, are not covered in the course)
- 2. Comfortable working with any PHP development environment – XAMPP, MAMP, WampServer, EasyPHP etc
- 3. Comfortable working with any text editor – for example: notepad++, Visual Studio Code, Atom, Sublime
- 4. Knowledge in OOP and PDO will be a plus but not compulsory. Everything is explained from scratch.
Do you want to know how to connect to MySQL Database using PDO?
Do you want to know how to write PDO Database Wrapper Class and methods the proper way?
Do you want to know how to do CRUD operations with PDO?
Do you want to know how to use the rowCount() function the proper way? Note that is the most misused function among PHP PDO developers.
Do you want to know how to write simple and complex queries with PDO?
Do you want to be able to write slim, concise, reusable and secure code?
If your answer to all these is Yes, Then this course is for you.
In this short course, you are going to learn, practice and do some hands-on exercises on how to:
Connect to MySQL Database using PDO
Write your first PDO Database Wrapper class
Write PDO CRUD methods (i.e. function in a class)
Write simple queries – queries without parameters
Write secure queries with parameters
Get data out of statements – using foreach, fetch(), fetchAll(), fetchColumn()
Error handling and Exceptions
PDO::rowCount() function explained
Get affected rows and last insert Id
The problem with Limit Clause in prepare statements
Write a simple general function and chaining methods
Who this course is for:
- 1. PHP | PDO enthusiasts
- 2. Newbie in PDO
- 3. Freelance web developers who want to get a better grasp in PHP | PDO
- 4. Intermediate PHP|PDO developers who want to write slimmer, concise, more secure codes.
- 5. Experience PHP developers who are still struggling with PDO
- 01:11Curriculum Overview
- 01:10Setting up the development environment
TAGU is a Chemistry teacher turned Web developer. He has over 10 years teaching experience in Chemistry, IT, and TEFL. He knows how to explain difficult concepts so everyone can understand. He has been a student in web development, and after studying under various instructors, he has decided to write a course that will address some of the shortcomings of his instructors. He is not above these instructors but let’s be honest every teacher has his draw backs. He understands the challenges students face and seeks to address this in his unique teaching styles incorporating explanation with practice. He has gone in great length in bringing out the awesome features of PDO while at the same time showing you how to write PDO the proper way.
He takes web security very seriously. He is the author of the book "Web Security Vulnerabilities and how to prevent them. An Introduction to writing secure PHP | PDO Code".