Configuring the Synology Network Attached Storage Appliance
What you'll learn
- Understand the concepts of Synology NAS Appliances
- Learn to configure basic system parameters
- Learn how to use DSM Assistant
- Configure volumes and storage parameters
- Configure connections and targets
- Configure shares, file services, users and groups
- Work with application packages for extra functionality
- Configure backup and replication
- Monitor Storage use, harware resources and logs
- Configure and use Cloudstation as a private cloud storage solution
- Learn about the video surveillance capabilities
- Basic networking knowledge
- Basic drive volumes and storage knowledge
Have you heard about storage, SAN, NAS? Are these concepts new to you or are you curious to find out more? Do you want to learn how to configure a Synology Storage appliance?
Well then, you've come to the right place!
In this course you will learn how to work with the Synology network attached storage appliances, which will give you many functions that will help you everyday. You'll get to create your own private cloud storage that can rival Dropbox, learn how to connect and record footage from IP surveillance cameras, learn how to create files, shared folders, volumes and even how to install and use a web server on the unit and many more.
This prerequisites for this course are basic networking knowledge, basic hard drives and storage knowledge and generally a desire to learn new things.
By the end of the course you should be able to take a Synology storage appliance and configure the multitude of functions, while also working with it to be more productive in your day-to-day operations. On top of that, you'll know how to keep your data safe!
Who this course is for:
- Anyone interested in understanding how to operate a Synology NAS
I am an IT professional with more than 12 years of experience in multiple segments of Information Technology. I hold an BS in Computer Science and an MSC in Information Security apart from multiple industry leading certifications like Project Management Professional, VMWare VCP, Microsoft MCSA, Citrix CCA to name just a few.
My skills span from virtual infrastructures to IT operations, from networking to IP video surveillance. I also believe in continued education and continue to improve my skill set everyday, also one of the reasons of starting as an instructor here on Udemy.
Teaching has also been an integral part of my professional life, having transferred project knowledge to personnel from client companies, organized workshops and demos or participating in live events and conferences.
If you don't learn something new one day, you lost that day!