Configure your MikroTik router as a Wireless Access Point
- You should have basic computer knowledge
- You should have basic networking knowledge
- You should have basic knowledge of IP addressing
- You should have a MikroTik Routerboard supporting the wireless package
If you have a MikroTik router at home or at work which you don't know how to configure it to become a Wireless Access Point Router, this course can help you to achieve this.
During this course, I am going to show you step-by-step how to configure your MikroTik router to become a wireless Access Point. We will pass through many different topics such as: DHCP client configuration, DHCP server configuration, IP address assignment on interfaces, NAT configuration and much more.
This course will help you to feel more familiar with the MikroTik router by using the Winbox tool that I am going to use it during this course.
If you have any question during the course, you can always write me and I will answer your question ASAP.
- This course is for students and employees who would like to know how to configure the MikroTik Router to act as a Wireless Access Point
- Powering on the MikroTik Router and connect it to the ISP cable01:40
- Configure DHCP client on the interface connected to the ISP09:02
- Configure the Wireless on the MikroTik Router08:21
- Configure the MikroTik router as a DHCP server and assign IP address on WLAN10:38
- Configure Network Address Translation (NAT) on the MikroTik Router04:40
- Test if the MikroTik router is now acting as a Wireless Access Point correctly04:16
Hello everyone. My name is Maher Haddad with a very long experience in the IT sector. I hold a Bachelor in Computer Communications and a Master in Computer science.
I work as a trainer and I hold the following certificates: CCNA, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CCDA, CCNP R&S, CCDP, Microsoft MCP, Microsoft MCSA , MikroTik MTCNA & MTCRE, MTCWE, MTCUME, MTCTCE, MTCINE, MTCSE, Huawei HCNA, CWTS, LigoWave NFT engineer, LigoWave DLB Engineer, Fortinet NSE1, Fortinet NSE2, GVF Level1, GVF level2, GVF Level3 and much more.....
My experience in IT goes to year 2003 and I have been working all my life for international Internet Service Providers (ISP's) in different countries in the world.
You can visit my Facebook page as well as my YouTube channel where I set a lot of online labs.
I hope you will enjoy watching my courses.