Create Amazing Interactive Experiences with Conducttr
- Conducttr account (sign-up for the FREE 30-day trial http://www.conducttr.com)
- Firefox web browser
- Twitter accounts for fictional characters called Anna and Gabriel
If you want to create immersive experiences that engage audience across multiple platforms then this course is for you!
Conducttr is a professional transmedia production and management tool used by game designers, instructional designers and transmedia storytellers. Think of it as photoshop for transmedia storytelling.
The course will take approximately 1 hr to 90 mins to complete and includes course materials such as twitter profile icons and presentations.
We introduce you to all the basics of Conducttr and how to immediately start building an interactive experience on Twitter. You'll learn the Conducttr paradigm so you can start to reverse your thinking away from linear, one-size-fits-all experiences and towards open world, personalized adaptive experiences.
You don't need any previous knowledge to start the course but it's helpful if you have either a little understanding of storytelling or a basic understanding of logic.
Thousands of people across the world use Conducttr to create experiences to engage audiences in entertainment, education and health. After completing this course you'll have take your first step to becoming a Conducttr Professional - a title that says you're ready to be hired for multiplatform interactive experiences!
- transmedia storytellers
- creative directors
- social media and PR professionals
- What is Conducttr?02:51
- Introduction to our training storyworld00:58
- What you'll get when you finish this exercise.01:20
- Workspaces and the Story Creation Environment03:58
- Your profile - working with default settings02:54
- Project management - starting and stopping, renaming, reporting a fault01:52
- Adding a new character05:08
- [NEW] Using flowcharts on whiteboard11:23
- Scene management02:16
- Intro to Triggers Conditions Actions01:56
- Intro to Beat Sheet & Interactive Narrative05:22
- Create a trigger02:58
- Adding content02:30
- content Alternatives - explanation01:44
- Adding Alternatives in Content02:44
- Channel Planner04:56
- Backup and Restore01:55
- Activity Log07:20
- Audience Records01:09
- Recap on the what you've learned7 questions
I'm creator of Conducttr, an interactive multiplatform storytelling tool.
I have more than 20 years experience as an international marketing consultant, I've written and directed two award-winning independent feature films and I've established myself as a thought-leader in the field of transmedia storytelling. I am author of the book Getting Started in Transmedia Storytelling.
Belén Santa-Olalla is an experienced transmedia storyteller and creative consultant having worked for 5 years as an independent theatre producer, writer and director. Working for TSL she has completed projects for leading educational institutions and entertainment brands all over the world. She is the founder of Transmedia Madrid Meetup
Alexey is Co-Founder and CTO at Conducttr (Transmedia Storyteller Ltd).
Alexey's passion for software development began at the age of 14 when he launched a personal social networking website at his high school. Since then, he has worked with a number of start-ups and established enterprises to develop data-rich web applications. Today, Alexey's background positions him as a product development expert in social media, content management, and analytics.
Most recently, Alexey was named among "America's Best Young Entrepreneurs" by Bloomberg BusinessWeek. Alexey's work has also been featured in The Boston Herald, Entrepreneur Magazine, BostInnovation, and other publications.