How to Conduct a Content Audit for SEO
What you'll learn
- How to conduct a Content Audit to improve your site's Organic Traffic
- How to use filters with your Excel spreadsheets
- How to identify your best performing pages
- How to identify your underperforming pages and what to do to improve them
- How to see your organic traffic charts in Google Analytics
- Access to Microsoft Excel or a similar spreadsheet tool
- Access to Google Analytics and Google Search Console for a website
- Access to a website that has 20 or more pages
Interested in ramping up the SEO performance of your content?
You need a content audit.
When you conduct a content audit for SEO you will:
Determine your winners and losers - and get clear on what action you need to take to fix your losers.
Leverage key Excel features - so you can manipulate and segment your data with ease.
Use metrics to aid your decision making
Identify your "biggest bang for your buck" content opportunities
In a content audit we review our pages to decide on action: Delete, Redirect, Improve or Keep, and then implement that action. We will walk through both in this course.
In this course you will learn:
How to create your initial spreadsheet of URLs that you want to audit.
Where to download traffic and backlinks data and how to add it to your spreadsheet using vlookup.
How to use filters to segment and pre-analyze your data for your decision making.
How to delete and redirect URLs in WordPress.
Ideas for improving your pages.
How to prioritize your page updates by identify which page has the topic that is in most demand.
English captions available.
This course is for you if:
You are a website owner that wants to successfully market online
You are a blogger that wants to attract more organic traffic
You work on website content for a living
You need historical data for a content audit. This means having access to analytics data for your site for at least the past 3 months (and longer is better especially if you have low traffic).
See you in the course!
I'm a SEO Consultant and I have really enjoyed putting this course together for you. See you on the inside!
Who this course is for:
- Content Marketers
- SEO practitioners
- Site owners that want to use content to attract more visitors to their site
Kathy Alice Brown has been a SEO Consultant for over ten years, with a primary focus on Technical SEO, consulting with both large brands and with small businesses. Prior to SEO, she worked for technology companies in roles that included Web Engineering and QA Management.
Even though her background is mainly technical, Kathy loves to write and has ghost written ebooks and articles.