Conditioning Tips and Techniques
What you'll learn
- The student will understand possible exercise programs designed to improve fitness through the use of various exercise modes.
- Learn proper techniques to sports conditioning
- Identify when to use high and low intensity interval training workouts
- Becoming a better athlete by learning how to improve your fitness routine
- There is no experience necessary to begin this course. There is not much equipment required, but a stationary bike would be very beneficial.
About the program: This video presents a series of different conditioning protocols that will enable you to maximize your physical fitness goals. Among the topics covered are: Warm Up (Dynamic and Static), Stadium Runs and Hops, Running Drills, Assault Bike and Push Sled. Coach Alex Fotioo explains the exercises in detail, using both high-intensity interval training (HIIT workouts) and low-intensity interval training (LIIT workouts). This program is a great resource for any personal trainer, coach or athlete. 53 minutes.
About the coach: Alex Fotioo is the Director of Strength and Conditioning for the Bears at the University of Central Arkansas (UCA) in Conway, Arkansas. The Bears have won multiple conference titles while training with Fotioo and have qualified for a combined 15 NCAA Tournament appearances in football, baseball, softball, volleyball, women's basketball, men's and women's soccer, tennis and men's & women's cross country. He was an assistant at the University for three years prior to being promoted to Director in 2016. He is Certified through the Collegiate Strength & Conditioning Coaches Association and the National Strength & Conditioning Association. Alex also teaches several Weight Training and Conditioning classes at the UCA . At UCA, Fotioo has mentored and trained: 4 NFL Draft selections in Tre'mon Smith, Jonathan Woodard, Dezmin Lewis, & Robert Rochell; 1 NFL All-Pro selection in undrafted free agent George Odum; 7 MLB Draft selections in Ty Tice, Hunter Strong, William Hancock, Tyler Gray, Cody Davenport, Gavin Stone, & Noah Cameron; 3 Symetra Tour Women's Golfers in Julia Roth, Brenda Gonzalez, & Fernanda Lira; 1 Italian League Professional Softball Player in Kylee Studioso; and 1 European Tour Golfer in Pep Angels.
Who this course is for:
- The course would be beneficial to anybody looking to exercise and get in good shape. The course would also be useful to personal trainers and coaches.
Sport Videos is one of the world's premier producers of instructional videos for coaches and athletes at all competitive levels. Our videos feature some of the top coaches and athletes in the world. We cover every individual and team sport from archery to wrestling. With 29 different sports and 94 expert instructors, we are ready to help you take your game to the next level!