Concepts of Computer Networks
What you'll learn
- Understand the basic components of Networks
- Learn the responsibilities of each layer in the OSI and the TCP/IP Model
- Understand the Flow Control, Error Control Protocols
- Understand the Communication Protocols and Formats
- No experience needed
The learners' will be able to understand and explain the following upon completing this course:
1. Fundamentals of Networking - Network Criteria, Types, Basic Parameters.
2. Network Topologies - Types of Connection, Mesh, Star, Ring, Bus Topologies.
3. The responsibilities of all the layers of OSI Model and the TCP/IP Model.
4. Line Coding Techniques - Unipolar NRZ, Polar NRZ, RZ, Bipolar, Biphase Schemes.
5. Error Detection Techniques - Parity, LRC, CRC, VRC, Checksum.
6. Switching Techniques - Circuit Switching, Packet Switching and VCN.
7. Flow Control Techniques - Stop and Wait, ARQ, Sliding Window Protocols.
8. Multiplexing Techniques - TDM, FDM, WDM
9. Addressing - IPv4, IPv6, IPv4 Header Format.
10. Network Devices - Passive Hubs, Active Hubs, Repeaters, Bridges, Routers
11. UDP - Introduction, Advantages, Disadvantages, Uses, Header Format
12. TCP - Introduction, Advantages, Disadvantages, Uses, Header Format, Data Delivery Phases
Computer Network is an interconnection between computers or we can say computer network is group of computers linked to each other which enables one computer to communicate with another computer. It acts as basis of communication in Information Technology (IT). It is system of connected computing devices and shares information and resources between them. The devices in network are connected by communication links (wired/wireless) and share data by Data Communication System
In general, we can see “Communication” and “Sharing”, that is all networking is about in simple terms. It enables everything that we do today. In the current scenario, the business would not work without computer networking and our personal and social life will also feel like it has been stopped.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wants to learn computer networks
Self motivated budding electronics and communication engineer who can work on multiple roles. Interested in Modelling digital circuits using hardware description languages. Have a strong grasp of Verilog, Computer Architecture, C, C++, Java, Embedded C, Python, Data Structures, Algorithms, Machine Learning and Deep Learning. Loves to teach and so being a course instructor in Udemy, Learnfly and Guruface Inc. Cross Platform Application developer specialized in Google Flutter with Dart Programming and using Firebase as the backend. Skilled to work in tools such as MATLAB, Simulink, Xilinx Vivado, TinkerCAD, Proteus Design Suite, Camtasia and Altium Designer for PCB Design