Learn how to create concept environment art using KRITA
What you'll learn
- You will learn how to create and personalize your own set of brushers.
- Learn how to utilize amazing KRITA's tools to assist your painting.
- Creating your own environment assets with clear step by step tutorials.
- Learning fundamental knowledge in composition and perspective.
- Step by step tutorials to guide you in learning photo bashing techniques in conceptual environment art from entry level to advance level.
- You will also learn how to use elements to elevate story telling in your artworks.
- Learning paint over technique on photograph to help you in setting up composition, light and mood in your painting.
- Learn how to use KRITA's editing tools to do post editing and effects in your final painting.
- You will learn how to make use of the keyboard shortcuts to enhance your painting efficiency.
- You will need to download KRITA digital painting software and install in your operating system.
- Digital drawing tablet is required due to you will need the pressure sensitivity from the drawing tool and if you have the budget, you may consider the screen drawing tablet to enhance your painting experience. ( Recommended drawing tablet brand - 1. Wacom (score 5/5), 2. Huion (score 4.5/5), 3. XP Pen (score 4.7/5)
- You may need to have fundamental knowledge in operating computer's software.
- Patience in solving technical problems and learn how to troubleshoot when facing unforeseen hardware or software issues. My advise is always make use of Google or YouTube to seek help in troubleshooting issues.
- Set goals in the outcome which you want to achieve and achieving it one step at a time.
- "Develop a passion for learning. If you do, you will never cease to grow." -Anthony J. D'Angelo
Hi, my name is Ethan Lo, I'm from Vox Art Studio.
I've been into art education since 2006,and occasionally involve myself in digital content industries such as animation, game and other industries which need digital illustration.
My personal favorite field in digital art is creating conceptual environment art.
Especially, an open world either in fantasy or sci-fi genre.
The process of creating an environment art is always an escape to me.
I love to explore my imagination and often lose myself into the world which I have created.
This is how I found my happiness and I wish to share it to you as well.
The digital art software which I'm teaching is KRITA.
KRITA is an open source software which means it is totally free.
You may visit their website to download a copy of either the Windows or Mac version.
This course is for those who are beginners in digital art and wish to learn new techniques and tools that can boost their creativity and efficiency.
Throughout the course, you will learn:
How to set up your own brush tag & customize your personal brush preset.
You will learn how to utilize tools in KRITA to increase your effectiveness in painting.
For art beginners, I have created a clear step by step tutorial in creating environment assets or what we call props design.
Understanding composition and perspective drawing in conceptual environment art.
Learn how to paint over photograph technique in creating concept art.
If you have no idea how to start your concept art, you may start from getting inspiration from your researched photos and start building on it.
Last but not least, introducing photobashing technique which is a highly effective technique in creating conceptual environment art.
This is normally used by concept artists to speed up their workflow and achieve a more realistic style.
So, no worries, if you are new to this.
I will guide you through from entry level to advance level tools and techniques.
That's great news to you right?
Why don't you give us a try.
Unless you have any more questions or concerns, I think we're ready to get started!
Can't wait to show you how and I'm very excited to see you soon.
Who this course is for:
- Beginner in concept art
- Curious in digital painting
- Beginner in game art
- Environment art
- Beginner in digital painting software
- Students who wish to learn Krita
- digital painting
- digital art
- concept art
I have been an Art Educator since 2006 which specialize in fine art and digital concept art either in 2d or 3d illustration.
I am the founder of Vox Art Studio.
Currently, I am still very active involving in certain area of commercial art industry such as game art design and commissioned illustration works.
I believe that art education is not just an education which is creative but an education which creates value.