Binary, Decimal and Hexadecimal for Beginners
- 1 hour on-demand video
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Understand Binary, Decimal and Hexadecimal Number Bases
- Understand how computers represent instructions
- Convert between number bases and complete binary arithmetic
- Understand how to encode characters and represent images
This course considers the topics based around Computer Data representation. This includes covering different number bases, including practice in changing decimal to binary and hexadecimal. Binary arithmetic is also covered. Units of information, character encoding and representing images is also covered.
There is a lecture on each topic area, which includes example and practice questions where appropriate. A quiz is also provided within each section.
- Anyone who wants to learn about Binary, Hexadecimal and Data Representation
- Students of Computer Science
After this lecture, students will be able to understand some of the different number bases that are used and how these are defined.
After this lecture, students will understand why we use binary and hexadecimal, and some examples of where you can find hexadecimal.