Computer Forensics Fundamentals
- 1 hour on-demand video
- 1 article
- 9 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Understanding what computer forensics is
- Be able to make a forensics image from a drive
- Be able to mount a drive for analysis
- Understand basic artifacts of the operating system
- Understand basics of first responder to scene and what should be done to secure the digital evidence
- Basic knowledge of computers and ability to run software applications
Computer Forensics Fundamentals will provide:
Foundational concepts about the computer forensics field
Understanding of hexadecimal and hashing in relations to computer forensics
An introductory understanding of what computer forensics is
The process of collecting digital evidence
How do create, mount and explore forensic digital images
Considerations for first responders to a computer crime scene
The course will consist of presentations to explain the concepts of computer forensics as well as demonstrations of proper collections of digital evidence.
This course is designed for anyone with an interest computer forensics to get a taste of the real world of digital forensics examination.
As an introductory course it will consist of presentations, hands on lessons and quizzes.
- Anyone with an interest in computer forensics
Introduction and layout of the course. What will be taught and how it will be taught
The course introduction giving a working definition of what computer forensics is, the steps of basic computer forensics and ways computers can be used to commit a crime.
This lecture covers what hash files are and how they are used in different ways in computer forensics.