- 19 hours on-demand video
- 1 downloadable resource
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- This is a complete and comprehensive CompTIA Security+ Certification (SY0-501) course. It is designed to prepare you to be able to take and pass the exam to become CompTIA Security+ Certified.
- Once you complete the course, you will have the knowledge and confidence to pass the CompTIA exam AND the skills to be a great IT security tech. This course is ideal as both a study tool and an on-the-job reference.
- Your new skills and the CompTIA Security+ Certification will help you land a great IT security tech job. Or, if you are already a security tech, get that raise or advancement you are after.
- Basic familiarity with PCs and networks.
- There are no specific prerequisites, since the course covers all the topics in detail.
- It is a good idea to have an understanding of CompTIA A+ and Network+, or to be certified in these topics. You can learn more about these certifications from our Mike Meyers – Total Seminars CompTIA A+ and Network+ Certification courses on Udemy.
Welcome to the TOTAL: CompTIA Security+ Certification (SY0-501) course. from Mike Meyers and Total Seminars.
This course covers everything you need to know to pass your CompTIA Security+ Certification SY0-501 Exam. The first goal of the course is to make you a good IT security tech and, in the process, make sure you are ready to pass the CompTIA Security+ exam. This course is over 10 hours in length containing over 80 video lectures.
WHAT OUR STUDENTS ARE SAYING:
"I used these courses to pass the A+, Security+, and Network+ in a span of 2.5 months. I had no IT experience 4 months ago. Now I am a network engineer at a managed service provider with a great salary and solid upward mobility." - Ryan D.
The course covers all the CompTIA Security+ SY0-501 objective domains: 1.0 Threats, Attacks, and Vulnerabilities 21% 2.0 Technologies and Tools 22% 3.0 Architecture and Design 15% 4.0 Identity and Access Management 16% 5.0 Risk Management 14% 6.0 Cryptography and PKI 12%
Authentication and authorization
Host, LAN, and application security
Wireless, cloud, and mobile security
Environmental security and controls
See what our customers are saying:
"This is a great course! Mike is funny and explains each security topic very well. I feel this has really prepared me for the exam. And although this course is designed to prepare you for the Security+ exam, I think it is also great if you're just interested in learning more about cyber security." - Spencer G
This is a Total Security+ Course, it covers everything a good tech needs to know and prepares you to pass the CompTIA Security+ Certification exam.
- This course is intended for anyone that is preparing for an IT Security position or looking to improve their security skills and become CompTIA Security+ Certified. However, it goes beyond that and will give you the skills you need to be a better security tech on the job.
In this episode, Mike discusses the CIA goals of security: confidentiality, integrity, and availability.
In this episode, Mike goes over the goals and methods used in cryptography.
Mike shares various methods used in cryptography, and the various methods used to protect the keys.
In this episode, Mike illustrates that information can be hidden within other data.
Note - if the video is garbled, change the resolution down one setting (or two if it persists) and that should solve the problem. We're working on a permanent fix but this will make it function in the short term.
In this episode, Mike explains the issues of proving you are who you are.
In this episode, Mike discusses attacks that prevent servers from providing their essential services.