- 7 hours on-demand video
- 17 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- This is a complete and comprehensive CompTIA CySA+ Certification (CS0-001) course. It is designed to prepare the student to be able to take and pass the Cybersecurity Analyst exam and become CompTIA CySA+ Certified.
- Learn skills to break into a career in information security analysis, which ranks 7th in the 100 best tech jobs for 2017, and is predicted to be the fastest growing overall job category between 2012-2022. Cybersecurity Analysts earn a median pay of $90,120.
- Basic familiarity with PCs and networks.
- There are no specific prerequisites as the course covers all the topics in detail.
- It is a good idea to have an understanding of CompTIA A+, Network+, and Security+ or to be certified in these topics. You can learn more about these certifications from our Mike Meyers – Total Seminars CompTIA A+, Network+, and Security+ Certification courses on Udemy.
Welcome to TOTAL: CompTIA CySA+ Cybersecurity Analyst (CS0-001) course. from Total Seminars and Brent Chapman, GCIH, GCFA, CISSP, CySA+.
Brent Chapman is an information security engineer with over 15 years' experience in information technology and cyber security. He spent over 10 years in active duty in the United States Army, where he served as an intelligence analyst, communications officer, network engineer, and cyber operations officer. He has also been a researcher and instructor at West Point, where he graduated, as well as a member of the Security of Defense's staff.
This course covers everything you need to know to respond to cybersecurity threats and attacks. You’ll learn how to:
Apply environmental reconnaissance techniques like OS fingerprinting, e-mail harvesting, and social media profiling using tools such as Nmap, Netstat, and syslog
Analyze the results of network reconnaissance, and recommend or implement countermeasures
Secure a corporate environment by scanning for vulnerabilities
Respond to cyber incidents with a forensics toolkit, maintain the chain of custody, and analyze incident severity
If you're looking to get certified, this course will also help prepare you for the CompTIA CySA+ Certification (CS0-001) exam. The first goal of the course is to make you an outstanding cybersecurity analyst and in the process, make sure you are ready to pass the CompTIA exam.
The course covers all the CompTIA CySA+ (CS0-001) exam domains:
1.0 Threat Management 27%
2.0 Vulnerability Management 26%
3.0 Cyber Incident Response 23%
4.0 Security Architecture and Tool Sets 24%
Threat and vulnerability management
Conducting an analyzing reconnaissance
Responding to network-based threats
Securing a corporate network
Cyber incident response
Determining the impact of incidents
Preparing the incident response toolkit
CySA+ provides substantial earnings potential
A career in information security analysis ranked seventh on U.S. News and World Report’s list of the 100 best technology jobs for 2017. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the median pay for an information security analyst is $90,120 per year.
CySA+ certified skills are in-demand
Properly trained IT security staff who can analyze, monitor and protect cybersecurity resources are in high demand. The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) predicts that information security analysts will be the fastest growing overall job category, with 37 percent overall growth between 2012 and 2022.
Follow the CompTIA Cybersecurity Certification Pathway
IT Fundamentals > A+ > Network+ > Security+ > CySA+ > PenTest+ > CASP
NOTE: CompTIA originally released this certification as CSA+. They had copyright issues and had to change the acronym to CySA+. It is the same certification and the same course.
The course is brought to you by Total Seminars with Brent Chapman, Cybersecurity Expert:
Brent Chapman is the co-author of McGraw-Hill's CompTIA CySA+ Cybersecurity Analyst Certification All-in-One Exam Guide. He is an information security engineer with over 15 years of experience in information technology and cyber security.
As a researcher at the Army Cyber Institute (ACI), Brent explored emerging information security and cyber warfare issues with a focus on field-expedient solutions and countermeasures. He held a number of unique assignments to include researcher and instructor at West Point. He was formerly assigned as project manager at the Secretary of Defense's Defense Innovation Unit Experiment (DIUx) in Silicon Valley.
Brent has industry certifications in incident handling, computer forensics, and network security (GCIH, GCFA, CISSP, CySA+). He is a professional member of the Association of Computing Machinery, FCC Amateur Radio Technician Class license holder, and contributor to several technical and maker-themed publications.
He holds a BS from West Point and an MS from Carnegie Mellon University.
- This course is intended for anyone who is interested in a Cybersecurity position or looking to improve their security skills. The course will prepare you to pass the CompTIA CySA+ Certification Exam. It goes beyond certification and gives you the skills you need to be a better cybersecurity analyst.
In this series, Brent will teach you everything you need to know about becoming a CompTIA CySA+ certified Cybersecurity Analyst. This introduction includes an additional resource link to the CompTIA CySA+ exam objectives.
At the beginning of each section, you'll find a downloadable PDF of the notes for each chapter.
Explore recon methods and tools to look at single events and complete system-wide scans.