Comprehensive Guide to the Soccer Business World
- 1.5 hours on-demand video
- 10 articles
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Learn about the historical development of soccer and its societal significance
- Get familiar with various aspects that make up the soccer product
- Understand the different types of the soccer product consumers
- Learn about the key industry stakeholders and assets of soccer clubs
- Develop an understanding of the global soccer transfer market
- Find out the main differentiating aspects of soccer compared to other conventional industries
- Learn about FIFA, its structure and operations
- Recognize the different types and functions of global soccer confederations and national associations around the world
- Understand the relationship dynamics and interactions between FIFA and its member confederations
- Recognize ownership models and a typical organizational structure of a soccer club
- Learn how clubs are generating revenues
- Develop an understanding of the Financial Fair Play concept
- Understand TV rights value, revenues and attendances across major soccer leagues
- Learn about the economics of pan-European club competitions - UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League
- Recognize the difference between North American and European business models
- Learn about business development and growth of the soccer leagues
- No prior experience in soccer is required
- Just bring an open mind and a willingness to acquire new knowledge!
Have you ever...
Wondered how your favorite soccer club is making money or why FIFA is such a big ‘player’? Or maybe after hearing so much about the record-breaking player transfers, you would like to know how the system works from the inside!
The course features an easy-to-follow module system giving you a unique perspective on the business side of the industry and its biggest stakeholders.
It provides a comprehensive overview of the key soccer business concepts ensuring you will be equipped with a solid knowledge of the international business environment of the game after the course completion. Which will become the first step in satisfying your personal aspirations in this exciting industry!
- Soccer and general sports fans as well as anyone interested in learning how the global soccer industry operates from the inside
- Individuals interested in satisfying their professional aspirations by becoming a part of the soccer business ecosystem
At the time of writing, the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia is in full flow and the tournament has already seen a number of soccer nations tipped for the title bow out in dramatic fashion.
Download the document to access a graph illustrating the socio-economic impact and legacy the World Cup has had on Russia as a host country.
Not so long ago FIFA was involved in a corruption scandal of unprecedented scale for the organization that had permeated the governing body across its diverse geographical constituencies. The magnitude of FIFA's corruption scandal forced it to set up a comprehensive reform process to clean up its tainted reputation and somewhat start the usual business operations afresh.
Download the attached document for the full analysis into the matter.
FC Barcelona is a renowned Spanish club with a rich history featuring successful stories both on and off the pitch. That said, the club is different from the vast majority of its competitors in terms of the ownership and overall business model.
Download the attached file to learn about FC Barcelona's operational structure that has allowed to shape the club as a unique sportive institution enabling it to successfully stand out from the rest.
The Brazilian superstar player Neymar shook and shocked the sports world when he moved from FC Barcelona to PSG back in summer 2017.
Download the attached case study to learn about the commercial impact that Neymar's transfer has had on the soccer business landscape in Europe.
As of 2018/19 season, the renowned UEFA Champions League pan-European club competition will have new procedure entries, as well as a different financial distribution system.
Download the attached document to learn about the new-look UEFA Champions League from both a sportive and commercial perspective.
While already having one of the strongest economies in the world, China has embarked on a strategic path of developing soccer in the country by growing the grassroots and professional game alike, as well as asserting its influence on the soccer industry globally primarily through outside private corporate investment.
Download the attached file to learn how China has been growing the game of soccer in the country and beyond.