Outstanding Composition: How to blow away your audience
- 5 hours on-demand video
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- know what makes a good photograph
- know why a photograph doesn't work
- know how to simplify a photograph
- start seeing in a different way
- differentiate between different composition rules and techniques
- be more creative through different composition techniques
- improve your portfolio by making more creative photographs
- Know your camera
- Know the basics of photography
- Know the dependence between aperture, shutter and ISO
This course shows in depth how composition should be done and why some photos work or others don't. Thomas shows several composition elements which helps you improve your photos from scratch. After this course you will look at the world with different eyes and will make your photos in a more creative way.
You will learn...
- ...what the golden ratio, the rule of third and the Fibonacci Spiral are
- ...why the background plays an important role like the main subject
- ...that you can reach a lot with less effort
- ...why less is more
- ...where there is most potential
- ...how do you find the right distance
- ...how do you find the right frame
- ...how you approach people in the right moment
I will show a lot of my photos and explain why I have composed them like that. So it's a course with a lot of examples.
When you have completed this course, you will...
- ...think more before you take the shot
- ...be more observing when it comes to composition
- ...better compose your photos
- ...have more fun doing photography
- Everybody who is new to photography
- Everybody who is new to street photography
- Everybody who wants to improve his photographs from a composition perspective
- Everybody who wants to learn about composition elements next to the golden ratio
- Everybody who enjoys looking at creative and well composed photos
- This is not a basic camera course
Like in painting, you start with a blank frame and you have to create something outstanding. If you master composition, you will have better chances to get the attention of the observer.
Everybody knows the rule of third, but do you also know the golden triangle or the Fibonnaci spirale? There are many basic rules, but they all make the same thing. You can focus on just one of them in order to master composition. Of course there are other elements in composition than the rule of third.