Compose at the Keyboard with the Pyramids Variations
- 1 hour on-demand video
- 2 articles
- 27 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Play an impressive modern classical ('New Age') piano solo based on a simple hand-position, without reading music or having played the piano before.
- 'Compose at the keyboard' - Just sit down and play the piano from having seen how music can be built up from simple elements.
- Get a practical demonstration of creative music theory basics - what makes music work, and how to put it together yourself.
- No previous experience needed! You do NOT need to read music to make stellar progress using this course!
- No advanced computer skills necessary. The optional MidiPiano virtual keyboard (Windows OS) is basic computer technology.
The Pyramids Variations (Learn to Improvise on a Chord Sequence) is about being able to "just sit down and play" the piano - like a guitarist can just pick up the guitar and strum a few chords. (In fact, "strumming the piano" wouldn't be a bad course subtitle!)
The first part of the course coaches you to an impressive 'Concert Performance' piano solo based on a simple hand position. The second half goes on to show how you can become a creative 'composer at the keyboard' by varying and recombining the musical building blocks you've mastered.
Lessons consist of videos with related web pages hosting audio and video example performances and pdf lesson notes.
The Pyramids Variations course consists of 20-plus practical lessons – probably two whole semester's-worth of creative course curriculum.
You do NOT need to be able to read music to benefit from this course! - but all the written music is there for good readers. And there's extensive 'try before you buy' web content to help you decide if the Pyramids Variations is for you.
- Any pianist of any age and stage who feels he/she could be more creative at the keyboard than hitherto.
- Any lapsed pianist wanting to take up piano again on their own terms.
Introduction to composing at the keyboard with the Musicarta Pyramids Variations.
With a simple hand position anybody can copy, you can be playing a chord sequence in your very first lesson.
In this lesson, you straight away start to explore how the Basic Music-making Position helps you make variations on your Pyramids chord sequence.