Complete Wordpress Theme Development Course
What you'll learn
- Build custom websites and themes using Wordpress
- Build beautiful, modern user interfaces that are mobile-friendly
- Create and sell custom Wordpress themes to the public
- No coding experience is required and all software used in this course is free.
Learn how to build and launch custom sites and web apps using Wordpress, PHP, HTML, CSS and more. This course is comprehensive and covers everything you need to know to build your own custom sites with Wordpress. No previous coding experience is required.
Wordpress powers about 25% of the websites in the world, so these skills are invaluable. Wordpress developers earn on average $65,000 per year and upwards of $100,000 with more experience. You can also use these skills for free-lancing or selling custom site themes to the public.
In this course, you'll learn Wordpress theme development in full. This will allow you to build your own websites and give them a custom user interface (look and feel). You'll walkaway with the confidence to create your own sites on the fly.
You can then extend your sites to have capabilities like social networking, login/logout systems, e-commerce/online store, membership subscriptions, and much more using the vast Wordpress plugin ecosystem.
Specifically, in this course, you'll learn the following:
- Setting Up for Coding
- How Wordpress Theme Files Work
- Important PHP Code
- How to Save and Display Page Content From a MySQL Database
- HTML5 and CSS3
- Twitter Bootstrap for Layout and Design
- Plugin API Hooks
- Dynamic Navigation Menus
- Common Wordpress Functions for the Functions File
- Custom Page Templates
- Integrating a User Commenting System
- Custom Fonts
- How to Read the Wordpress Documentation
- Professional Best Practices in Wordpress Web Development
Who this course is for:
- This course is for web designers interested in web development
- This course is for people with experience with HTML and CSS
- This course is for people who have little or no Wordpress experience
- This course is not for expert PHP and Wordpress developers
Hi! I'm Rob Dey, and I'm passionate about education. I specialize in full-stack web development and have built applications for companies like Coca-Cola, Newell-Rubbermaid, Getaround, and more.
I use a conversational style in my teaching so that students don't get bored. I aim to teach more like a friend walking you through the material rather than a jargon-heavy, mundane lecturer. Hope you enjoy my courses!